IPG Black Employee Network Hosts Black Panther Screening and Panel
IPG’s Black Employee Network (BEN) hosted a panel discussion this week to explore the cultural implications of Marvel's Black Panther film on the communications, entertainment and advertising industries.
A screening of the film immediately followed the panel. Nearly 500 people from across the IPG network attended the event. Panelists included leading journalists, culture critics and academic scholars along with Black creative talent from IPG's agencies. Specifically:
- Jamil Smith, Journalist; Author of the recent TIME cover story "The Revolutionary Power of Blank Panther"
- Tanisha Ford, Award-winning Writer; Cultural Critic; and Author of Liberated Threads: Black Women, Style, and the Global Politics of Soul
- Dr. Arthur Lewin, Professor at Baruch College; Author of Africa is Not a Country, It is a Continent!; and expert on Black imagery in mass communications
- Blake Winfree, VP, Creative Director, MullenLowe U.S. and Founder of the 25/40 initiative that introduces advertising as a career opportunity in high schools
- Jacqueline DeBerry, Junior Art Director, McCann NY
- Morgan Mack, Copywriter, McCann NY
"I must say the intellectual gravitas of the panel combined with creative sensibilities and authenticity made this a special evening,” commented Heide Gardner, IPG’s SVP, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer.
- Weber Shandwick and DOVE Support Women’s Empowerment - Published on 03/22/2019
- BMW X3 Launch - Published on 03/19/2019
- Navigating the New Reality - Published on 03/19/2019
- Bank of America Special Olympics World Games - Published on 03/18/2019
- Hill Holliday and Optum Launch Brand Campaign - Published on 03/18/2019
- Lowe Lintas and Gits Food Mark IWD - Published on 03/12/2019
- McDonald's: MacCoin - Published on 03/11/2019
- nPower: Blue Go Green - Published on 03/11/2019
- Microsoft 365 – B2B Event Experiences Around The Globe - Published on 03/11/2019
- Frontier Communications – Sponsorship Strategy Roadmap - Published on 03/11/2019