IPG Black Employee Network Hosts Black Panther Screening and Panel
IPG’s Black Employee Network (BEN) hosted a panel discussion this week to explore the cultural implications of Marvel's Black Panther film on the communications, entertainment and advertising industries.
A screening of the film immediately followed the panel. Nearly 500 people from across the IPG network attended the event. Panelists included leading journalists, culture critics and academic scholars along with Black creative talent from IPG's agencies. Specifically:
- Jamil Smith, Journalist; Author of the recent TIME cover story "The Revolutionary Power of Blank Panther"
- Tanisha Ford, Award-winning Writer; Cultural Critic; and Author of Liberated Threads: Black Women, Style, and the Global Politics of Soul
- Dr. Arthur Lewin, Professor at Baruch College; Author of Africa is Not a Country, It is a Continent!; and expert on Black imagery in mass communications
- Blake Winfree, VP, Creative Director, MullenLowe U.S. and Founder of the 25/40 initiative that introduces advertising as a career opportunity in high schools
- Jacqueline DeBerry, Junior Art Director, McCann NY
- Morgan Mack, Copywriter, McCann NY
"I must say the intellectual gravitas of the panel combined with creative sensibilities and authenticity made this a special evening,” commented Heide Gardner, IPG’s SVP, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer.
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019
- Jack Morton and Chevrolet Empower Girls through Sport - Published on 04/25/2019
- FCB Chicago Creates Conversation About Gun Violence - Published on 04/23/2019