IPG Black Employee Network Hosts Black Panther Screening and Panel
IPG’s Black Employee Network (BEN) hosted a panel discussion this week to explore the cultural implications of Marvel's Black Panther film on the communications, entertainment and advertising industries.
A screening of the film immediately followed the panel. Nearly 500 people from across the IPG network attended the event. Panelists included leading journalists, culture critics and academic scholars along with Black creative talent from IPG's agencies. Specifically:
- Jamil Smith, Journalist; Author of the recent TIME cover story "The Revolutionary Power of Blank Panther"
- Tanisha Ford, Award-winning Writer; Cultural Critic; and Author of Liberated Threads: Black Women, Style, and the Global Politics of Soul
- Dr. Arthur Lewin, Professor at Baruch College; Author of Africa is Not a Country, It is a Continent!; and expert on Black imagery in mass communications
- Blake Winfree, VP, Creative Director, MullenLowe U.S. and Founder of the 25/40 initiative that introduces advertising as a career opportunity in high schools
- Jacqueline DeBerry, Junior Art Director, McCann NY
- Morgan Mack, Copywriter, McCann NY
"I must say the intellectual gravitas of the panel combined with creative sensibilities and authenticity made this a special evening,” commented Heide Gardner, IPG’s SVP, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer.
- MullenLowe London Helps Relaunch The British Heart Foundation - Published on 07/19/2018
- Golin and evian Create #Babydoubles - Published on 07/18/2018
- Hill Holliday and Planet Fitness Launch New Work - Published on 07/16/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King – ‘Come as a Clown, Eat Like a King’ - Published on 07/13/2018
- FCB Lisbon Partners with Paralympic Committee - Published on 07/10/2018
- EP+Co Celebrates Pride Month - Published on 07/09/2018
- 215 McCann and Minecraft Enlist Gamers to Save Coral Reefs - Published on 07/03/2018
- The Brooklyn Brothers Launches Isey Skyr in Russia - Published on 06/28/2018
- MRM//McCann and Creative Spirit: Nurturing Talent Together - Published on 06/28/2018
- IPG and charity: water Project Update - Published on 06/28/2018