IPG Black Employee Network Hosts Black Panther Screening and Panel
IPG’s Black Employee Network (BEN) hosted a panel discussion this week to explore the cultural implications of Marvel's Black Panther film on the communications, entertainment and advertising industries.
A screening of the film immediately followed the panel. Nearly 500 people from across the IPG network attended the event. Panelists included leading journalists, culture critics and academic scholars along with Black creative talent from IPG's agencies. Specifically:
- Jamil Smith, Journalist; Author of the recent TIME cover story "The Revolutionary Power of Blank Panther"
- Tanisha Ford, Award-winning Writer; Cultural Critic; and Author of Liberated Threads: Black Women, Style, and the Global Politics of Soul
- Dr. Arthur Lewin, Professor at Baruch College; Author of Africa is Not a Country, It is a Continent!; and expert on Black imagery in mass communications
- Blake Winfree, VP, Creative Director, MullenLowe U.S. and Founder of the 25/40 initiative that introduces advertising as a career opportunity in high schools
- Jacqueline DeBerry, Junior Art Director, McCann NY
- Morgan Mack, Copywriter, McCann NY
"I must say the intellectual gravitas of the panel combined with creative sensibilities and authenticity made this a special evening,” commented Heide Gardner, IPG’s SVP, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer.
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018
- IPG Hosts Inclusion Forum Call - Published on 11/01/2018
- IPG is Making Sustainability a Priority - Published on 10/30/2018