MullenLowe Works to Drop the ‘Female Tag’
MullenLowe has again partnered on “Inspiring the Future” run by Education and Employers, an NGO that exists to help children aspire to be whatever they want – regardless of who they are and where they come from.
In 2018, Inspiring the Future and MullenLowe Group have once again joined forces to ask society to drop the “female’ tag.” Through a thought-provoking online film and head-turning out of home posters, the campaign shows how the language we all use contributes to the problem of unconscious bias.
This bias toward gender limits the opportunities that children perceive they have. By dropping the “female” prefix for builders, soldiers, surgeons, CEOs and others, society is asked to consider why we unnecessarily add a gender label to a female professional. Shouldn’t people be judged on their manner, skill and output; not by applying a gender label?
Nick Chambers, Chief Executive of the Education and Employers taskforce commented, “In 2016 we successfully shined a light on the young age that gender stereotyping takes hold. A lot of progress has been made when it comes to gender equality, but the language that we use in the workplace still paves the way for unconscious bias. And that in turn can affect the dreams and aspirations of future generations. We’re here to correct that. And that’s exactly what this campaign sets out to do.”
- MullenLowe London Creates Campaign for Winston Fletcher Fiction Prize - Published on 02/14/2019
- The Martin Agency and Oreo Launch New Work with Wiz Khalifa - Published on 02/13/2019
- Deutsch Works with Me Too on New Campaign - Published on 02/08/2019
- McCann Shanghai and Coca-Cola Launch Annual Chinese New Year Campaign - Published on 02/06/2019
- Michael Roth Accepts the BRT Sustainability Challenge - Published on 02/04/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Stella Artois Partner Again with Water.org In Super Bowl Spot - Published on 02/01/2019
- FCB Canada Develops Campaign for PTSD Sufferers - Published on 01/31/2019
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019