MullenLowe Works to Drop the ‘Female Tag’
MullenLowe has again partnered on “Inspiring the Future” run by Education and Employers, an NGO that exists to help children aspire to be whatever they want – regardless of who they are and where they come from.
In 2018, Inspiring the Future and MullenLowe Group have once again joined forces to ask society to drop the “female’ tag.” Through a thought-provoking online film and head-turning out of home posters, the campaign shows how the language we all use contributes to the problem of unconscious bias.
This bias toward gender limits the opportunities that children perceive they have. By dropping the “female” prefix for builders, soldiers, surgeons, CEOs and others, society is asked to consider why we unnecessarily add a gender label to a female professional. Shouldn’t people be judged on their manner, skill and output; not by applying a gender label?
Nick Chambers, Chief Executive of the Education and Employers taskforce commented, “In 2016 we successfully shined a light on the young age that gender stereotyping takes hold. A lot of progress has been made when it comes to gender equality, but the language that we use in the workplace still paves the way for unconscious bias. And that in turn can affect the dreams and aspirations of future generations. We’re here to correct that. And that’s exactly what this campaign sets out to do.”
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019
- IPG Hosts Ninth Annual Global Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/19/2019
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- 303 MullenLowe Focuses on Mental Health Awareness - Published on 06/18/2019
- New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom - Published on 06/17/2019
- Deutsch and Heinz Create ‘Smear' Campaign - Published on 06/13/2019
- Michael Roth Honored by the AEF - Published on 06/11/2019
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Daren Criss ‘Movie’ for Return of Nacho Fries - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Named to S&P 500 ESG and S&P Global 1200 ESG - Published on 06/10/2019