FCB Inferno Creates ‘Daunting World’ Campaign for Project Literacy
FCB Inferno and Pearson are continuing their work with Project Literacy, with the “Daunting World” campaign that draws attention to the challenges associated with adult illiteracy. Project Literacy is a movement founded and convened by global education company Pearson to help advance global literacy.
FCB Inferno partnered with photographer Mark Denton to create a series of images that bring to life some of the challenges faced by adults who struggle to read and write. The suite of eye-catching photographs taken by and art directed by Mark, show everyday objects such as detergent bottles, greetings cards and board games. On closer inspection of the image, the viewer will realize that these are “pack shots with a twist,” as the message on each object explains the challenges these everyday objects can present for people who cannot read.
The stories that have been brought to life are real, having been relayed to the Project Literacy team by the newly literate adults they have been working with as part of the campaign. One image of a medicine bottle, for example, directly reflects the story told by Wanda, a newly literate adult from Philadelphia, PA, who movingly described the anxiety she felt each time she had to give her children medicine when they were sick because she could not read the instructions on the packaging.
The campaign is rolling out in print and across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, with the goal of raising awareness about the challenges nearly a billion people across the world face, every single day, because they cannot read and write.
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- FITZCO Partners with French’s and Coolhaus on Mustard Ice Cream for National Mustard Day - Published on 08/07/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019