FCB Inferno Creates ‘Daunting World’ Campaign for Project Literacy
FCB Inferno and Pearson are continuing their work with Project Literacy, with the “Daunting World” campaign that draws attention to the challenges associated with adult illiteracy. Project Literacy is a movement founded and convened by global education company Pearson to help advance global literacy.
FCB Inferno partnered with photographer Mark Denton to create a series of images that bring to life some of the challenges faced by adults who struggle to read and write. The suite of eye-catching photographs taken by and art directed by Mark, show everyday objects such as detergent bottles, greetings cards and board games. On closer inspection of the image, the viewer will realize that these are “pack shots with a twist,” as the message on each object explains the challenges these everyday objects can present for people who cannot read.
The stories that have been brought to life are real, having been relayed to the Project Literacy team by the newly literate adults they have been working with as part of the campaign. One image of a medicine bottle, for example, directly reflects the story told by Wanda, a newly literate adult from Philadelphia, PA, who movingly described the anxiety she felt each time she had to give her children medicine when they were sick because she could not read the instructions on the packaging.
The campaign is rolling out in print and across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, with the goal of raising awareness about the challenges nearly a billion people across the world face, every single day, because they cannot read and write.
- MullenLowe London Creates Campaign for Winston Fletcher Fiction Prize - Published on 02/14/2019
- The Martin Agency and Oreo Launch New Work with Wiz Khalifa - Published on 02/13/2019
- Deutsch Works with Me Too on New Campaign - Published on 02/08/2019
- McCann Shanghai and Coca-Cola Launch Annual Chinese New Year Campaign - Published on 02/06/2019
- Michael Roth Accepts the BRT Sustainability Challenge - Published on 02/04/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Stella Artois Partner Again with Water.org In Super Bowl Spot - Published on 02/01/2019
- FCB Canada Develops Campaign for PTSD Sufferers - Published on 01/31/2019
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019