FCB Inferno Creates ‘Daunting World’ Campaign for Project Literacy
FCB Inferno and Pearson are continuing their work with Project Literacy, with the “Daunting World” campaign that draws attention to the challenges associated with adult illiteracy. Project Literacy is a movement founded and convened by global education company Pearson to help advance global literacy.
FCB Inferno partnered with photographer Mark Denton to create a series of images that bring to life some of the challenges faced by adults who struggle to read and write. The suite of eye-catching photographs taken by and art directed by Mark, show everyday objects such as detergent bottles, greetings cards and board games. On closer inspection of the image, the viewer will realize that these are “pack shots with a twist,” as the message on each object explains the challenges these everyday objects can present for people who cannot read.
The stories that have been brought to life are real, having been relayed to the Project Literacy team by the newly literate adults they have been working with as part of the campaign. One image of a medicine bottle, for example, directly reflects the story told by Wanda, a newly literate adult from Philadelphia, PA, who movingly described the anxiety she felt each time she had to give her children medicine when they were sick because she could not read the instructions on the packaging.
The campaign is rolling out in print and across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, with the goal of raising awareness about the challenges nearly a billion people across the world face, every single day, because they cannot read and write.
- McCann, Kesha and Gun Activists Bring Attention to Vicious Cycle of Gun Violence - Published on 10/19/2018
- IPG Wears Purple to Stand Up Against Bullying - Published on 10/19/2018
- IPGLBT Releases Spirit Day Guide for Bullying Prevention - Published on 10/17/2018
- McCann London Brings Attention to Air Pollution with ‘Toxic Toby’ - Published on 10/17/2018
- The Martin Agency, OpenTable and Virginia Tourism Create Stranger-Pairing Program - Published on 10/16/2018
- BEN Hosts Civility in America Presentation - Published on 10/12/2018
- IPG and Huge Honored by UN Foundation - Published on 10/11/2018
- Orion Hosts Hispanic Heritage Month Program - Published on 10/10/2018
- MullenLowe SSP3 and Aruba Tourism Challenge Stereotypes in Love - Published on 10/09/2018
- Acxiom Provides Unified Data Solutions - Published on 10/09/2018