MullenLowe and Shazam Partner on Anti-Bullying Work
MullenLowe Group has collaborated with Shazam to roll out the “Unmute Daniel” campaign, in a bid to raise awareness around the issue of cyberbullying in Singapore. The campaign uses media screens that project a sound with a frequency inaudible to the human ear (to symbolize the silencing effect bullying can have on its victims), and display a message by campaign mascot, Daniel, who encourages people to open the Shazam app on their smartphones.
Once the sound has been detected by the Shazam app, it links to the campaign website unmute.sg, which shares the story from the perspective of Daniel, the victim, as well as of the bully and bystander, based on actual cyberbullying cases that have occurred in Singapore. The website contains scenarios and advice from Singapore Children’s Society regarding cyberbullying, and what one can do as the victim, parent or teacher.
Radhe Vaswani, Chief Operating Officer of MullenLowe Profero, said, “Unlike physical bullying that often leaves behind scars and bruises, cyberbullying is much harder to spot. We want to turn technology against technology and demonstrate that while cyberbullying is more rampant than people realize, there is always a way to fight it.”
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018
- IPG Hosts Inclusion Forum Call - Published on 11/01/2018
- IPG is Making Sustainability a Priority - Published on 10/30/2018