MullenLowe and Shazam Partner on Anti-Bullying Work
MullenLowe Group has collaborated with Shazam to roll out the “Unmute Daniel” campaign, in a bid to raise awareness around the issue of cyberbullying in Singapore. The campaign uses media screens that project a sound with a frequency inaudible to the human ear (to symbolize the silencing effect bullying can have on its victims), and display a message by campaign mascot, Daniel, who encourages people to open the Shazam app on their smartphones.
Once the sound has been detected by the Shazam app, it links to the campaign website unmute.sg, which shares the story from the perspective of Daniel, the victim, as well as of the bully and bystander, based on actual cyberbullying cases that have occurred in Singapore. The website contains scenarios and advice from Singapore Children’s Society regarding cyberbullying, and what one can do as the victim, parent or teacher.
Radhe Vaswani, Chief Operating Officer of MullenLowe Profero, said, “Unlike physical bullying that often leaves behind scars and bruises, cyberbullying is much harder to spot. We want to turn technology against technology and demonstrate that while cyberbullying is more rampant than people realize, there is always a way to fight it.”
- Cadreon Hosts Mental Health & Wellness Event - Published on 05/23/2019
- R/GA Buenos Aires and Nike Argentina Inspire New Generation of Athletes - Published on 05/22/2019
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019