MullenLowe and Shazam Partner on Anti-Bullying Work
MullenLowe Group has collaborated with Shazam to roll out the “Unmute Daniel” campaign, in a bid to raise awareness around the issue of cyberbullying in Singapore. The campaign uses media screens that project a sound with a frequency inaudible to the human ear (to symbolize the silencing effect bullying can have on its victims), and display a message by campaign mascot, Daniel, who encourages people to open the Shazam app on their smartphones.
Once the sound has been detected by the Shazam app, it links to the campaign website unmute.sg, which shares the story from the perspective of Daniel, the victim, as well as of the bully and bystander, based on actual cyberbullying cases that have occurred in Singapore. The website contains scenarios and advice from Singapore Children’s Society regarding cyberbullying, and what one can do as the victim, parent or teacher.
Radhe Vaswani, Chief Operating Officer of MullenLowe Profero, said, “Unlike physical bullying that often leaves behind scars and bruises, cyberbullying is much harder to spot. We want to turn technology against technology and demonstrate that while cyberbullying is more rampant than people realize, there is always a way to fight it.”
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019
- IPG Hosts Annual Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/14/2019
- EP+Co Pushes the Limit in Fashion Advertising with Newest Men's Wearhouse Campaign - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co & Lenovo Let Gamers Embrace Their Inner Savage - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co and Denny's Launch the Mobile Relief Diner - Published on 01/09/2019
- LOLA MullenLowe Encourages Blood Marrow Donation - Published on 01/07/2019
- McCann and Cigna Feature Queen Latifah and Nick Jonas in Emotional Wellness Campaign - Published on 01/03/2019
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018