MullenLowe and Shazam Partner on Anti-Bullying Work
MullenLowe Group has collaborated with Shazam to roll out the “Unmute Daniel” campaign, in a bid to raise awareness around the issue of cyberbullying in Singapore. The campaign uses media screens that project a sound with a frequency inaudible to the human ear (to symbolize the silencing effect bullying can have on its victims), and display a message by campaign mascot, Daniel, who encourages people to open the Shazam app on their smartphones.
Once the sound has been detected by the Shazam app, it links to the campaign website unmute.sg, which shares the story from the perspective of Daniel, the victim, as well as of the bully and bystander, based on actual cyberbullying cases that have occurred in Singapore. The website contains scenarios and advice from Singapore Children’s Society regarding cyberbullying, and what one can do as the victim, parent or teacher.
Radhe Vaswani, Chief Operating Officer of MullenLowe Profero, said, “Unlike physical bullying that often leaves behind scars and bruises, cyberbullying is much harder to spot. We want to turn technology against technology and demonstrate that while cyberbullying is more rampant than people realize, there is always a way to fight it.”
- Bank of America Special Olympics World Games - Published on 03/18/2019
- Hill Holliday and Optum Launch Brand Campaign - Published on 03/18/2019
- Lowe Lintas and Gits Food Mark IWD - Published on 03/12/2019
- McDonald's: MacCoin - Published on 03/11/2019
- nPower: Blue Go Green - Published on 03/11/2019
- Microsoft 365 – B2B Event Experiences Around The Globe - Published on 03/11/2019
- Frontier Communications – Sponsorship Strategy Roadmap - Published on 03/11/2019
- Party City "The Children Are Coming" - Published on 03/11/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Ancestry Connect Strangers Via Underground Railroad Connections - Published on 03/07/2019
- IPG Mediabrands Honored at Working Mother of the Year Awards - Published on 02/28/2019