Area 23 Partners with Change the Ref to Demand Action on Gun Violence
Area 23’s “Post Into Letters” initiative, created in partnership with Change the Ref, transforms social media posts into handwritten letters to Congress, in order to make it easier for people to demand action on gun control in a uniquely powerful way.
Joaquin Oliver – the son of Change the Ref co-founder Manuel Oliver – was one of the 17 people killed during the recent shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. To honor his son, Manuel teamed up with Area 23 to recreate Joaquin’s handwriting: using scanning technology, Joaquin’s handwriting was pulled from hundreds of samples and poured into the website Post Into Letters. The site allows users to turn their own social media posts demanding action on gun control into custom, handwritten letters to Congress – all drafted in Joaquin’s handwriting. Equipped with the insight that handwritten letters are one of the most impactful ways to reach representatives, “Post Into Letters” ultimately seeks to generate new, active policy and effect lasting change.
- Hill Holliday and Planet Fitness Launch New Work - Published on 07/16/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King – ‘Come as a Clown, Eat Like a King’ - Published on 07/13/2018
- FCB Lisbon Partners with Paralympic Committee - Published on 07/10/2018
- EP+Co Celebrates Pride Month - Published on 07/09/2018
- 215 McCann and Minecraft Enlist Gamers to Save Coral Reefs - Published on 07/03/2018
- The Brooklyn Brothers Launches Isey Skyr in Russia - Published on 06/28/2018
- MRM//McCann and Creative Spirit: Nurturing Talent Together - Published on 06/28/2018
- IPG and charity: water Project Update - Published on 06/28/2018
- Shay Fu Named to Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business - Published on 06/28/2018
- Interpublic’s Black Employee Network Hosts Program for Black Music Month - Published on 06/27/2018