Area 23 Partners with Change the Ref to Demand Action on Gun Violence
Area 23’s “Post Into Letters” initiative, created in partnership with Change the Ref, transforms social media posts into handwritten letters to Congress, in order to make it easier for people to demand action on gun control in a uniquely powerful way.
Joaquin Oliver – the son of Change the Ref co-founder Manuel Oliver – was one of the 17 people killed during the recent shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. To honor his son, Manuel teamed up with Area 23 to recreate Joaquin’s handwriting: using scanning technology, Joaquin’s handwriting was pulled from hundreds of samples and poured into the website Post Into Letters. The site allows users to turn their own social media posts demanding action on gun control into custom, handwritten letters to Congress – all drafted in Joaquin’s handwriting. Equipped with the insight that handwritten letters are one of the most impactful ways to reach representatives, “Post Into Letters” ultimately seeks to generate new, active policy and effect lasting change.
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018