Area 23 Partners with Change the Ref to Demand Action on Gun Violence
Area 23’s “Post Into Letters” initiative, created in partnership with Change the Ref, transforms social media posts into handwritten letters to Congress, in order to make it easier for people to demand action on gun control in a uniquely powerful way.
Joaquin Oliver – the son of Change the Ref co-founder Manuel Oliver – was one of the 17 people killed during the recent shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. To honor his son, Manuel teamed up with Area 23 to recreate Joaquin’s handwriting: using scanning technology, Joaquin’s handwriting was pulled from hundreds of samples and poured into the website Post Into Letters. The site allows users to turn their own social media posts demanding action on gun control into custom, handwritten letters to Congress – all drafted in Joaquin’s handwriting. Equipped with the insight that handwritten letters are one of the most impactful ways to reach representatives, “Post Into Letters” ultimately seeks to generate new, active policy and effect lasting change.
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019
- Jack Morton and Chevrolet Empower Girls through Sport - Published on 04/25/2019
- FCB Chicago Creates Conversation About Gun Violence - Published on 04/23/2019