McCann New York Partners with National Geographic on “Planet or Plastic”
As the amount of plastic in the world’s oceans continues to grow, National Geographic is sounding the alarm and announcing a global commitment to help tackle this pressing problem. McCann New York is working with National Geographic to launch Planet or Plastic?, a multi-year initiative aimed at raising awareness of the global plastics crisis and reducing the amount of plastic in the world’s oceans. The words “Planet or Plastic?” is at the heart of the platform, summing up the idea that daily decisions have a huge impact.
The campaign will draw attention to the problems posed by our society’s use of plastics. The launch received massive media coverage and social media activation because of the stunning cover of the magazine’s June issue, which shows an iceberg floating in a beautiful ocean that, on closer inspection, is really a plastic bag. The campaign is a true 360-degree effort and includes: a pledge that individuals can take to stop their use of single-use plastics; new scientific and research campaigns by National Geographic dedicated to finding solutions to the 9 million tons of plastic waste that ends up in the oceans every year; a social media campaign that includes “polluting” the NatGeo Instagram feed, Reddit activations and celebrity involvement; a partnership with Sky Ocean Ventures, a fund that will invest in ocean pollution solutions; corporate partnerships; and marketing and media campaigns.
- Cadreon Hosts Mental Health & Wellness Event - Published on 05/23/2019
- R/GA Buenos Aires and Nike Argentina Inspire New Generation of Athletes - Published on 05/22/2019
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019