McCann New York Partners with National Geographic on “Planet or Plastic”
As the amount of plastic in the world’s oceans continues to grow, National Geographic is sounding the alarm and announcing a global commitment to help tackle this pressing problem. McCann New York is working with National Geographic to launch Planet or Plastic?, a multi-year initiative aimed at raising awareness of the global plastics crisis and reducing the amount of plastic in the world’s oceans. The words “Planet or Plastic?” is at the heart of the platform, summing up the idea that daily decisions have a huge impact.
The campaign will draw attention to the problems posed by our society’s use of plastics. The launch received massive media coverage and social media activation because of the stunning cover of the magazine’s June issue, which shows an iceberg floating in a beautiful ocean that, on closer inspection, is really a plastic bag. The campaign is a true 360-degree effort and includes: a pledge that individuals can take to stop their use of single-use plastics; new scientific and research campaigns by National Geographic dedicated to finding solutions to the 9 million tons of plastic waste that ends up in the oceans every year; a social media campaign that includes “polluting” the NatGeo Instagram feed, Reddit activations and celebrity involvement; a partnership with Sky Ocean Ventures, a fund that will invest in ocean pollution solutions; corporate partnerships; and marketing and media campaigns.
- Orion Features D&I Conversation Series - Published on 09/21/2018
- The Martin Agency Creates ‘LoveShare’ for Virginia Tourism - Published on 09/17/2018
- Packing 4,444 Meals is all in a Day’s Work at IPG Corporate - Published on 09/16/2018
- IPG Is Part of Business Roundtable D&I Initiative - Published on 09/16/2018
- Anheuser-Busch and Huge Launch New Campaign Proving Beer Can Change the World - Published on 09/14/2018
- IPG MEDIABRANDS PARTNERS with plano TO SAVE SIGHT AND EMPOWER LIVES - Published on 09/12/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Encourages Road Safety - Published on 09/12/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Nurses - Published on 09/11/2018
- Coca-Cola / 1,000 Songs Celebration - Published on 09/07/2018
- Navy Federal / Our Members Are the Mission - Published on 09/07/2018