Asian Heritage Group Hosts Program on Volunteerism
IPG’s Diversity and Inclusion Asian Heritage Group (AHG) sponsored the “Career to Community – Change Agents of Now” program celebrating Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month. To provide IPG employees with a rewarding opportunity to acquire leadership skills while helping others, AHG connected attendees with several Asian community-based not-for-profits in the New York Tristate area – Apex for Youth, New York Immigration Coalition, Restore NYC, Sakhi for South Asian Women and Upwardly Global.
The evening’s keynote speaker Steve Choi, the Executive Director of the New York Immigration Coalition, spoke about the value of volunteerism as a professional development skill. He also discussed how volunteers are critical to the mission of the New York Immigration Coalition -- they serve on the Board of Directors, do fundraising, and work on marketing, and branding. To learn more about AHG and how you can get involved with planning future programs, contact Shobhna Bhatnagar, AHG Department Lead, IPG or IPG MERGE.
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- IPG Hosts Annual Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/14/2019
- EP+Co & Lenovo Let Gamers Embrace Their Inner Savage - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co and Denny's Launch the Mobile Relief Diner - Published on 01/09/2019
- LOLA MullenLowe Encourages Blood Marrow Donation - Published on 01/07/2019
- McCann and Cigna Feature Queen Latifah and Nick Jonas in Emotional Wellness Campaign - Published on 01/03/2019
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Works with SF SPCA - Published on 12/11/2018
- Making an Impact with Major Media - Published on 12/10/2018
- 12 Days of Grilled Cheese - Published on 12/10/2018