Asian Heritage Group Hosts Program on Volunteerism
IPG’s Diversity and Inclusion Asian Heritage Group (AHG) sponsored the “Career to Community – Change Agents of Now” program celebrating Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month. To provide IPG employees with a rewarding opportunity to acquire leadership skills while helping others, AHG connected attendees with several Asian community-based not-for-profits in the New York Tristate area – Apex for Youth, New York Immigration Coalition, Restore NYC, Sakhi for South Asian Women and Upwardly Global.
The evening’s keynote speaker Steve Choi, the Executive Director of the New York Immigration Coalition, spoke about the value of volunteerism as a professional development skill. He also discussed how volunteers are critical to the mission of the New York Immigration Coalition -- they serve on the Board of Directors, do fundraising, and work on marketing, and branding. To learn more about AHG and how you can get involved with planning future programs, contact Shobhna Bhatnagar, AHG Department Lead, IPG or IPG MERGE.
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018