Asian Heritage Group Hosts Program on Volunteerism
IPG’s Diversity and Inclusion Asian Heritage Group (AHG) sponsored the “Career to Community – Change Agents of Now” program celebrating Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month. To provide IPG employees with a rewarding opportunity to acquire leadership skills while helping others, AHG connected attendees with several Asian community-based not-for-profits in the New York Tristate area – Apex for Youth, New York Immigration Coalition, Restore NYC, Sakhi for South Asian Women and Upwardly Global.
The evening’s keynote speaker Steve Choi, the Executive Director of the New York Immigration Coalition, spoke about the value of volunteerism as a professional development skill. He also discussed how volunteers are critical to the mission of the New York Immigration Coalition -- they serve on the Board of Directors, do fundraising, and work on marketing, and branding. To learn more about AHG and how you can get involved with planning future programs, contact Shobhna Bhatnagar, AHG Department Lead, IPG or IPG MERGE.
- Orion Features D&I Conversation Series - Published on 09/21/2018
- The Martin Agency Creates ‘LoveShare’ for Virginia Tourism - Published on 09/17/2018
- Packing 4,444 Meals is all in a Day’s Work at IPG Corporate - Published on 09/16/2018
- IPG Is Part of Business Roundtable D&I Initiative - Published on 09/16/2018
- Anheuser-Busch and Huge Launch New Campaign Proving Beer Can Change the World - Published on 09/14/2018
- IPG MEDIABRANDS PARTNERS with plano TO SAVE SIGHT AND EMPOWER LIVES - Published on 09/12/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Encourages Road Safety - Published on 09/12/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Nurses - Published on 09/11/2018
- Coca-Cola / 1,000 Songs Celebration - Published on 09/07/2018
- Navy Federal / Our Members Are the Mission - Published on 09/07/2018