Asian Heritage Group Hosts Program on Volunteerism
IPG’s Diversity and Inclusion Asian Heritage Group (AHG) sponsored the “Career to Community – Change Agents of Now” program celebrating Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month. To provide IPG employees with a rewarding opportunity to acquire leadership skills while helping others, AHG connected attendees with several Asian community-based not-for-profits in the New York Tristate area – Apex for Youth, New York Immigration Coalition, Restore NYC, Sakhi for South Asian Women and Upwardly Global.
The evening’s keynote speaker Steve Choi, the Executive Director of the New York Immigration Coalition, spoke about the value of volunteerism as a professional development skill. He also discussed how volunteers are critical to the mission of the New York Immigration Coalition -- they serve on the Board of Directors, do fundraising, and work on marketing, and branding. To learn more about AHG and how you can get involved with planning future programs, contact Shobhna Bhatnagar, AHG Department Lead, IPG or IPG MERGE.
- Weber Shandwick and DOVE Support Women’s Empowerment - Published on 03/22/2019
- BMW X3 Launch - Published on 03/19/2019
- Navigating the New Reality - Published on 03/19/2019
- Bank of America Special Olympics World Games - Published on 03/18/2019
- Hill Holliday and Optum Launch Brand Campaign - Published on 03/18/2019
- Lowe Lintas and Gits Food Mark IWD - Published on 03/12/2019
- McDonald's: MacCoin - Published on 03/11/2019
- nPower: Blue Go Green - Published on 03/11/2019
- Microsoft 365 – B2B Event Experiences Around The Globe - Published on 03/11/2019
- Frontier Communications – Sponsorship Strategy Roadmap - Published on 03/11/2019