McCANN HEALTH Shows Obstacles of CHILDREN WITH CLEFT CONDITIONS
Smile Asia has partnered with McCann Health Singapore to create "The Cleft Collection," a unique set of cutlery deliberately designed to change the way people eat so they can experience how difficult every meal is for children with cleft lip and palate. Each year, over 100,000 children in Asia are born with cleft conditions, birth defects that turn the simple act of eating into a challenging exercise.
With the help of Ritz Carlton, a four-course dinner crafted by Executive Chef Massimo Pasquarelli was organized. Unsuspecting guests, including several key opinion leaders, experienced how difficult it was to dine with The Cleft Collection. The purpose of the event was revealed at the end of the dinner, highlighting one of many difficulties faced by children with cleft conditions and raising awareness about the cause.
“The Cleft Collection allows you and I to experience the struggles children with cleft lip and palate face at every meal,” said Vincent Yeow, Chairman and Founder of Smile Asia. He added, “We hope that with this initiative, we will be able to get more people to support the cause of helping children across Asia living with these conditions.”
“This simple idea puts people in the shoes of children with cleft conditions and lets them experience how a basic activity of daily living can create frustration and despair,” explained Alejandro Canciobello, Creative Director at McCann Health Singapore.
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018
- IPG Hosts Inclusion Forum Call - Published on 11/01/2018