McCANN HEALTH Shows Obstacles of CHILDREN WITH CLEFT CONDITIONS
Smile Asia has partnered with McCann Health Singapore to create "The Cleft Collection," a unique set of cutlery deliberately designed to change the way people eat so they can experience how difficult every meal is for children with cleft lip and palate. Each year, over 100,000 children in Asia are born with cleft conditions, birth defects that turn the simple act of eating into a challenging exercise.
With the help of Ritz Carlton, a four-course dinner crafted by Executive Chef Massimo Pasquarelli was organized. Unsuspecting guests, including several key opinion leaders, experienced how difficult it was to dine with The Cleft Collection. The purpose of the event was revealed at the end of the dinner, highlighting one of many difficulties faced by children with cleft conditions and raising awareness about the cause.
“The Cleft Collection allows you and I to experience the struggles children with cleft lip and palate face at every meal,” said Vincent Yeow, Chairman and Founder of Smile Asia. He added, “We hope that with this initiative, we will be able to get more people to support the cause of helping children across Asia living with these conditions.”
“This simple idea puts people in the shoes of children with cleft conditions and lets them experience how a basic activity of daily living can create frustration and despair,” explained Alejandro Canciobello, Creative Director at McCann Health Singapore.
- Hill Holliday and Planet Fitness Launch New Work - Published on 07/16/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King – ‘Come as a Clown, Eat Like a King’ - Published on 07/13/2018
- FCB Lisbon Partners with Paralympic Committee - Published on 07/10/2018
- EP+Co Celebrates Pride Month - Published on 07/09/2018
- 215 McCann and Minecraft Enlist Gamers to Save Coral Reefs - Published on 07/03/2018
- The Brooklyn Brothers Launches Isey Skyr in Russia - Published on 06/28/2018
- MRM//McCann and Creative Spirit: Nurturing Talent Together - Published on 06/28/2018
- IPG and charity: water Project Update - Published on 06/28/2018
- Shay Fu Named to Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business - Published on 06/28/2018
- Interpublic’s Black Employee Network Hosts Program for Black Music Month - Published on 06/27/2018