McCANN HEALTH Shows Obstacles of CHILDREN WITH CLEFT CONDITIONS
Smile Asia has partnered with McCann Health Singapore to create "The Cleft Collection," a unique set of cutlery deliberately designed to change the way people eat so they can experience how difficult every meal is for children with cleft lip and palate. Each year, over 100,000 children in Asia are born with cleft conditions, birth defects that turn the simple act of eating into a challenging exercise.
With the help of Ritz Carlton, a four-course dinner crafted by Executive Chef Massimo Pasquarelli was organized. Unsuspecting guests, including several key opinion leaders, experienced how difficult it was to dine with The Cleft Collection. The purpose of the event was revealed at the end of the dinner, highlighting one of many difficulties faced by children with cleft conditions and raising awareness about the cause.
“The Cleft Collection allows you and I to experience the struggles children with cleft lip and palate face at every meal,” said Vincent Yeow, Chairman and Founder of Smile Asia. He added, “We hope that with this initiative, we will be able to get more people to support the cause of helping children across Asia living with these conditions.”
“This simple idea puts people in the shoes of children with cleft conditions and lets them experience how a basic activity of daily living can create frustration and despair,” explained Alejandro Canciobello, Creative Director at McCann Health Singapore.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019