McCann Canada and UNICEF Enlist Celebrities to Help Youth
McCann Worldgroup Canada worked with UNICEF Canada to launch a new advertising campaign to highlight “One Youth” – a groundbreaking initiative aimed at making Canada the best place in the world to grow up by 2030.
The campaign brings together dozens of Canadian celebrities to have a “chat” with Canada. With the words, “Canada, We Need to Talk,” Canadian celebrities are starting the conversation about kids living in poverty, teen suicide rates, bullying and other subjects troubling youth in the region. The campaign drives to OneYouthCanada.ca, and encourages Canadians to take action – with a goal of achieving #8MillionActions (one for every Canadian youth), and provides dozens of ideas for how all Canadians can get involved.
A recent UNICEF report comparing the well-being of children in the richest countries around the world placed Canada an alarming 25th among the 41 countries measured. “Every child in Canada has the right to the best possible opportunities and outcomes. Right now, that’s not what many of them are getting,” said David Morley, UNICEF Canada President and CEO. “Our society has grown more unequal and children and youth are paying the price. But Canada has what it takes to do better.”
The campaign features more than 20 Canadian celebrities including Keanu Reeves, Elisha Cuthbert, Cobie Smulders, Jay Baruchel, Patrick Adams, Neve Campbell, Xavier Dolan, Marc-André Grondin, Eric McCormack and Matthew Santoro; Celine Dion, Avril Lavigne, Alessia Cara, Stephen Voyce, Eugenie Bouchard, Sugar Sammy, Antonio Park; and Karina LeBlanc. All donated their time and energy to UNICEF Canada’s One Youth.
McCann Worldgroup Canada and FH studios worked pro bono on the project to enlist Canadian celebrities to the cause. “We’d like to thank McCann and FH studios for their great contribution to this campaign,” said Morley. “By bringing together dozens of Canadian celebrities to speak up on key issues affecting youth well-being, we hope more Canadians will feel the urge to act, and governments will continue their momentum to create great conditions for growing up,” he continued.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019