FCB HAPPINESS RAISES AWARENESS OF ROAD FATALITIES
Parents of Road Victims teamed up with FCB Happiness Brussels to launch a year-long radio campaign you’d rather not hear. Because every time it airs, somebody just died in a road accident – in real-time.
Last year in Belgium, 640 people lost their lives in road accidents. While that’s a decrease of 13% compared to 2016, it’s still way too many, especially in a country with a population as small as Belgium’s (approximately 11.5 million). To illustrate this fact, Happiness has created a thought-provoking campaign that makes the number of fatalities more tangible and human, rather than just a statistic.
The dynamic radio campaign, titled “Behind the Numbers,” is directly connected to national police data. This means that every time somebody gets killed in traffic, a pre-recorded radio spot with an updated number of victims airs instantly across five different radio channels simultaneously. Each unique spot was recorded by real parents of road victims. By creating one unique radio spot for every life lost, every victim in the statistics becomes more tangible, and emphasizes the scale of the problem.
“Just yesterday, the copywriter of this campaign lost a friend in a road accident,” said Geoffrey Hantson, Chief Creative Officer of Happiness. “It was only afterwards that he realized that when he heard the radio ad announcing victim number 121 the previous afternoon, it was actually announcing that his friend passed away. It’s an extremely sad example of what the campaign does: making everybody understand that behind the numbers and the statistics, it’s real people dying,” he continued
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019
- IPG Hosts Annual Women’s Breakfast at CES - Published on 01/14/2019
- EP+Co Pushes the Limit in Fashion Advertising with Newest Men's Wearhouse Campaign - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co & Lenovo Let Gamers Embrace Their Inner Savage - Published on 01/10/2019
- EP+Co and Denny's Launch the Mobile Relief Diner - Published on 01/09/2019
- LOLA MullenLowe Encourages Blood Marrow Donation - Published on 01/07/2019
- McCann and Cigna Feature Queen Latifah and Nick Jonas in Emotional Wellness Campaign - Published on 01/03/2019
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018