FCB HAPPINESS RAISES AWARENESS OF ROAD FATALITIES
Parents of Road Victims teamed up with FCB Happiness Brussels to launch a year-long radio campaign you’d rather not hear. Because every time it airs, somebody just died in a road accident – in real-time.
Last year in Belgium, 640 people lost their lives in road accidents. While that’s a decrease of 13% compared to 2016, it’s still way too many, especially in a country with a population as small as Belgium’s (approximately 11.5 million). To illustrate this fact, Happiness has created a thought-provoking campaign that makes the number of fatalities more tangible and human, rather than just a statistic.
The dynamic radio campaign, titled “Behind the Numbers,” is directly connected to national police data. This means that every time somebody gets killed in traffic, a pre-recorded radio spot with an updated number of victims airs instantly across five different radio channels simultaneously. Each unique spot was recorded by real parents of road victims. By creating one unique radio spot for every life lost, every victim in the statistics becomes more tangible, and emphasizes the scale of the problem.
“Just yesterday, the copywriter of this campaign lost a friend in a road accident,” said Geoffrey Hantson, Chief Creative Officer of Happiness. “It was only afterwards that he realized that when he heard the radio ad announcing victim number 121 the previous afternoon, it was actually announcing that his friend passed away. It’s an extremely sad example of what the campaign does: making everybody understand that behind the numbers and the statistics, it’s real people dying,” he continued
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019