FCB Health Focuses on Equality in Blood Donations
FCB Health’s latest “Blood Flags” – a new pro bono advocacy awareness campaign developed in partnership with the Gay Men’s Health Crisis (GMHC) – aims for true equality in blood donation across the world.
“Blood Flags” is the next iteration of the “Blood Equality” campaign and addresses the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) lifetime ban on gay, bisexual and transgender male blood donors, which now requires a 12-month period of celibacy prior to donation. A UCLA Williams Institute study found that lifting the ban could save up to a million lives annually, with an estimated 850,000 pints of blood. Not only does the updated ban exacerbate the growing issue of blood shortage, it infringes on the civil rights of would-be donors. “Blood Flags” as a creative installation, stitches individual country flags (of countries that still uphold discriminatory criteria for blood donation) – shaped like blood bags – onto the rainbow Pride flag. Ultimately, these flags serve as a call to action, to unite these countries in an effort to advance blood equality on a larger scale.
- Cadreon Hosts Mental Health & Wellness Event - Published on 05/23/2019
- R/GA Buenos Aires and Nike Argentina Inspire New Generation of Athletes - Published on 05/22/2019
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019