FCB Health Focuses on Equality in Blood Donations
FCB Health’s latest “Blood Flags” – a new pro bono advocacy awareness campaign developed in partnership with the Gay Men’s Health Crisis (GMHC) – aims for true equality in blood donation across the world.
“Blood Flags” is the next iteration of the “Blood Equality” campaign and addresses the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) lifetime ban on gay, bisexual and transgender male blood donors, which now requires a 12-month period of celibacy prior to donation. A UCLA Williams Institute study found that lifting the ban could save up to a million lives annually, with an estimated 850,000 pints of blood. Not only does the updated ban exacerbate the growing issue of blood shortage, it infringes on the civil rights of would-be donors. “Blood Flags” as a creative installation, stitches individual country flags (of countries that still uphold discriminatory criteria for blood donation) – shaped like blood bags – onto the rainbow Pride flag. Ultimately, these flags serve as a call to action, to unite these countries in an effort to advance blood equality on a larger scale.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019