FCB Health Focuses on Equality in Blood Donations
FCB Health’s latest “Blood Flags” – a new pro bono advocacy awareness campaign developed in partnership with the Gay Men’s Health Crisis (GMHC) – aims for true equality in blood donation across the world.
“Blood Flags” is the next iteration of the “Blood Equality” campaign and addresses the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) lifetime ban on gay, bisexual and transgender male blood donors, which now requires a 12-month period of celibacy prior to donation. A UCLA Williams Institute study found that lifting the ban could save up to a million lives annually, with an estimated 850,000 pints of blood. Not only does the updated ban exacerbate the growing issue of blood shortage, it infringes on the civil rights of would-be donors. “Blood Flags” as a creative installation, stitches individual country flags (of countries that still uphold discriminatory criteria for blood donation) – shaped like blood bags – onto the rainbow Pride flag. Ultimately, these flags serve as a call to action, to unite these countries in an effort to advance blood equality on a larger scale.
- Golin and evian Create #Babydoubles - Published on 07/18/2018
- Hill Holliday and Planet Fitness Launch New Work - Published on 07/16/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King – ‘Come as a Clown, Eat Like a King’ - Published on 07/13/2018
- FCB Lisbon Partners with Paralympic Committee - Published on 07/10/2018
- EP+Co Celebrates Pride Month - Published on 07/09/2018
- 215 McCann and Minecraft Enlist Gamers to Save Coral Reefs - Published on 07/03/2018
- The Brooklyn Brothers Launches Isey Skyr in Russia - Published on 06/28/2018
- MRM//McCann and Creative Spirit: Nurturing Talent Together - Published on 06/28/2018
- IPG and charity: water Project Update - Published on 06/28/2018
- Shay Fu Named to Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business - Published on 06/28/2018