FCB Health Focuses on Equality in Blood Donations
FCB Health’s latest “Blood Flags” – a new pro bono advocacy awareness campaign developed in partnership with the Gay Men’s Health Crisis (GMHC) – aims for true equality in blood donation across the world.
“Blood Flags” is the next iteration of the “Blood Equality” campaign and addresses the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) lifetime ban on gay, bisexual and transgender male blood donors, which now requires a 12-month period of celibacy prior to donation. A UCLA Williams Institute study found that lifting the ban could save up to a million lives annually, with an estimated 850,000 pints of blood. Not only does the updated ban exacerbate the growing issue of blood shortage, it infringes on the civil rights of would-be donors. “Blood Flags” as a creative installation, stitches individual country flags (of countries that still uphold discriminatory criteria for blood donation) – shaped like blood bags – onto the rainbow Pride flag. Ultimately, these flags serve as a call to action, to unite these countries in an effort to advance blood equality on a larger scale.
- Orion Features D&I Conversation Series - Published on 09/21/2018
- The Martin Agency Creates ‘LoveShare’ for Virginia Tourism - Published on 09/17/2018
- Packing 4,444 Meals is all in a Day’s Work at IPG Corporate - Published on 09/16/2018
- IPG Is Part of Business Roundtable D&I Initiative - Published on 09/16/2018
- Anheuser-Busch and Huge Launch New Campaign Proving Beer Can Change the World - Published on 09/14/2018
- IPG MEDIABRANDS PARTNERS with plano TO SAVE SIGHT AND EMPOWER LIVES - Published on 09/12/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Encourages Road Safety - Published on 09/12/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Nurses - Published on 09/11/2018
- Coca-Cola / 1,000 Songs Celebration - Published on 09/07/2018
- Navy Federal / Our Members Are the Mission - Published on 09/07/2018