Hill Holliday and Bank of America Celebrate Progress Toward an AIDS-Free Generation
Just 15 years ago, 1,500 women a day were passing HIV to their babies. Today, that number is 400. Bank of America has teamed up with (RED) and The Global Fund to help reduce the number of new infections to closer to zero. Funds contributed by the bank help provide free lifesaving antiretroviral medication to mothers to help ensure they deliver healthy, HIV-free babies. Mothers like Connie Mudenda from Zambia and children like Connie’s daughter Lubona, who with each new birthday, reminds us that the first AIDS-free generation in decades is close at hand.
As part of Bank of America’s seven-year, $20 million commitment to (RED)’s fight against AIDS, Hill Holliday worked with Bank of America to detail Connie’s story through a series of online films and photography. The goal was to put a face on mother-to-child transmission of HIV in Africa, to make what is still a global health crisis personal and relatable.
Tragically, Connie lost three children to HIV/AIDS before knowing she was also infected. After being diagnosed, she started lifesaving ARV medication therapy, allowing her to give birth to healthy, HIV-negative Lubona in 2012.
In the latest chapter of Connie’s story, “Lubona’s Wish,” Connie and her daughter celebrate Lubona’s fifth birthday in New York City, where Connie was visiting in her role as a spokeswoman for (RED). Lubona is living proof that the partnership between (RED) and Bank of America is saving lives.
People can now follow Connie’s full story online at bankofamerica.com/connie and navigate through the site to learn more about Bank of America’s commitment to (RED).
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019