Hill Holliday and Bank of America Celebrate Progress Toward an AIDS-Free Generation
Just 15 years ago, 1,500 women a day were passing HIV to their babies. Today, that number is 400. Bank of America has teamed up with (RED) and The Global Fund to help reduce the number of new infections to closer to zero. Funds contributed by the bank help provide free lifesaving antiretroviral medication to mothers to help ensure they deliver healthy, HIV-free babies. Mothers like Connie Mudenda from Zambia and children like Connie’s daughter Lubona, who with each new birthday, reminds us that the first AIDS-free generation in decades is close at hand.
As part of Bank of America’s seven-year, $20 million commitment to (RED)’s fight against AIDS, Hill Holliday worked with Bank of America to detail Connie’s story through a series of online films and photography. The goal was to put a face on mother-to-child transmission of HIV in Africa, to make what is still a global health crisis personal and relatable.
Tragically, Connie lost three children to HIV/AIDS before knowing she was also infected. After being diagnosed, she started lifesaving ARV medication therapy, allowing her to give birth to healthy, HIV-negative Lubona in 2012.
In the latest chapter of Connie’s story, “Lubona’s Wish,” Connie and her daughter celebrate Lubona’s fifth birthday in New York City, where Connie was visiting in her role as a spokeswoman for (RED). Lubona is living proof that the partnership between (RED) and Bank of America is saving lives.
People can now follow Connie’s full story online at bankofamerica.com/connie and navigate through the site to learn more about Bank of America’s commitment to (RED).
- Weber Shandwick and DOVE Support Women’s Empowerment - Published on 03/22/2019
- BMW X3 Launch - Published on 03/19/2019
- Navigating the New Reality - Published on 03/19/2019
- Bank of America Special Olympics World Games - Published on 03/18/2019
- Hill Holliday and Optum Launch Brand Campaign - Published on 03/18/2019
- Lowe Lintas and Gits Food Mark IWD - Published on 03/12/2019
- McDonald's: MacCoin - Published on 03/11/2019
- nPower: Blue Go Green - Published on 03/11/2019
- Microsoft 365 – B2B Event Experiences Around The Globe - Published on 03/11/2019
- Frontier Communications – Sponsorship Strategy Roadmap - Published on 03/11/2019