McCann and Verizon Support LGBTQ+ Community and the Importance of Connections
McCann worked with Verizon to launch a new piece of content and campaign, timed to June’s Pride Month, which shows real coming out stories — something many people young and old struggle with. In addition, many LGBTQ+ people outside of the largest US cities feel disconnected and left out of Pride celebrations for many reasons. Knowing there are so many people who are unable to participate live in Pride celebrations, Verizon connected the community and allies across the country, by leveraging the power of its network.
The campaign’s landing page allowed fans to choose a bold background, video themselves and submit these films which were then aggregated and showcased for digital participation in Pride events.
Verizon has long been a supporter of the LGBTQ community. The company has partnered with PFLAG, the nation’s largest organization uniting families and allies with people who are LGBTQ, since 2002. This year, Verizon will donate $250K to the organization. Currently, Verizon also has a 100% rating from HRC, the largest civil rights organization working to achieve equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer Americans.
Please see here for more information on how Verizon supports the community.
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018
- FCB Canada and CDSS: 'Endangered Syndrome' - Published on 11/07/2018
- Massholes Not Assholes - Published on 11/06/2018
- Carmichael Lynch and Carmichael Lynch Relate Take Action for Election Day - Published on 11/02/2018
- Acxiom Is a Leader in the Ethical Use of Data - Published on 11/02/2018