McCann and Verizon Support LGBTQ+ Community and the Importance of Connections
McCann worked with Verizon to launch a new piece of content and campaign, timed to June’s Pride Month, which shows real coming out stories — something many people young and old struggle with. In addition, many LGBTQ+ people outside of the largest US cities feel disconnected and left out of Pride celebrations for many reasons. Knowing there are so many people who are unable to participate live in Pride celebrations, Verizon connected the community and allies across the country, by leveraging the power of its network.
The campaign’s landing page allowed fans to choose a bold background, video themselves and submit these films which were then aggregated and showcased for digital participation in Pride events.
Verizon has long been a supporter of the LGBTQ community. The company has partnered with PFLAG, the nation’s largest organization uniting families and allies with people who are LGBTQ, since 2002. This year, Verizon will donate $250K to the organization. Currently, Verizon also has a 100% rating from HRC, the largest civil rights organization working to achieve equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer Americans.
Please see here for more information on how Verizon supports the community.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019