MRM//McCann and Creative Spirit: Nurturing Talent Together
During an Autism Awareness Month event, Chris Smith visited the MRM//McCann Princeton office as a featured speaker and he made quite an impression. In fact, he made such a positive impression on the MRM//McCann team that he’s now a part of it.
Chris joined our MRM//McCann New York team through Creative Spirit, a nonprofit devoted to creating and supporting the successful placement of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDDs) at creative, forward-thinking companies. Shortly after the organization launched in September of 2017, MRM//McCann partnered with them, recognizing a shared mission of addressing inequality in employment for those with IDDs.
According to Kate MacNevin, MRM//McCann’s Global President and Chief Operating Officer, “We’re incredibly impressed with Creative Spirit and their efforts on behalf of people with IDDs. That dedication directly aligns with our commitment to diversity and inclusion, and our dedication to fostering an inclusive global community that’s safe, fulfilling and encouraging for everybody.”
After meeting Chris, MRM//McCann reviewed his resume and hired him as a human resources (HR) intern through the Creative Spirit program. He’s currently helping both HR and recruiting, focusing on scheduling, reference checks, greeting candidates, reporting, new hire/freelance paperwork and time sheets.
“Chris is a great example of how incredible our partnership with Creative Spirit has proven to be,” said Joyce Karel, President, MRM//McCann U.S. East. “He’s a fantastic addition to the team who continues to excel at all aspects of his job. He’s always eager, ready to learn, and very much valued by his coworkers.”
- Orion Features D&I Conversation Series - Published on 09/21/2018
- The Martin Agency Creates ‘LoveShare’ for Virginia Tourism - Published on 09/17/2018
- Packing 4,444 Meals is all in a Day’s Work at IPG Corporate - Published on 09/16/2018
- IPG Is Part of Business Roundtable D&I Initiative - Published on 09/16/2018
- Anheuser-Busch and Huge Launch New Campaign Proving Beer Can Change the World - Published on 09/14/2018
- IPG MEDIABRANDS PARTNERS with plano TO SAVE SIGHT AND EMPOWER LIVES - Published on 09/12/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Encourages Road Safety - Published on 09/12/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Nurses - Published on 09/11/2018
- Coca-Cola / 1,000 Songs Celebration - Published on 09/07/2018
- Navy Federal / Our Members Are the Mission - Published on 09/07/2018