MRM//McCann and Creative Spirit: Nurturing Talent Together
During an Autism Awareness Month event, Chris Smith visited the MRM//McCann Princeton office as a featured speaker and he made quite an impression. In fact, he made such a positive impression on the MRM//McCann team that he’s now a part of it.
Chris joined our MRM//McCann New York team through Creative Spirit, a nonprofit devoted to creating and supporting the successful placement of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDDs) at creative, forward-thinking companies. Shortly after the organization launched in September of 2017, MRM//McCann partnered with them, recognizing a shared mission of addressing inequality in employment for those with IDDs.
According to Kate MacNevin, MRM//McCann’s Global President and Chief Operating Officer, “We’re incredibly impressed with Creative Spirit and their efforts on behalf of people with IDDs. That dedication directly aligns with our commitment to diversity and inclusion, and our dedication to fostering an inclusive global community that’s safe, fulfilling and encouraging for everybody.”
After meeting Chris, MRM//McCann reviewed his resume and hired him as a human resources (HR) intern through the Creative Spirit program. He’s currently helping both HR and recruiting, focusing on scheduling, reference checks, greeting candidates, reporting, new hire/freelance paperwork and time sheets.
“Chris is a great example of how incredible our partnership with Creative Spirit has proven to be,” said Joyce Karel, President, MRM//McCann U.S. East. “He’s a fantastic addition to the team who continues to excel at all aspects of his job. He’s always eager, ready to learn, and very much valued by his coworkers.”
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019