Hill Holliday’s D&I Council Welcomes Collette Devitto
Collette Devitto, a young woman born in 1990 with Down Syndrome, had always created her own cookie recipes for fun. But time after time, when Collette applied for a job, she was repeatedly told she was "not a good fit." Collette was determined to open her own business and try to earn a living on her own. And so, Collettey’s Cookies was born.
With Collettey’s Cookies, Collette has created a global movement, and travels around the country to share her inspiring story. She encourages people to focus on their abilities rather than what they can’t do. She works to create change and to help the non-disabled population see abilities and start including and employing people with disabilities.
Collette shared her story with the agency, and talked about the challenges of starting and running a business. She answered questions, and of course, provided dozens of delicious cookies for the appreciative crowd.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019