Jeff Cruz Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year
At the 2018 IPG Inclusion Awards, Jeff Cruz, Chief Creative Officer, MRM//McCann Detroit, was recognized as the Inclusion Ally of the Year.
Jeff Cruz, Chief Creative Officer at MRM//McCann Detroit, joined the agency in 2016 and has had a significant impact on the agency culture of diversity and inclusion. Jeff has made strides to foster the career development of women at the agency by hiring and promoting women into creative leadership roles, serving as a highly visible leader for the MRM//McCann Detroit offices for International Women’s Day and campaigning to send two creative leaders to attend the 3% Conference in New York City. For the 3% Conference, Jeff Cruz also ensured that half of the tickets at the agency were given to men with the aim of building a more equal workplace through raising awareness of gender issues.
Jeff Cruz has dedicated significant time to solving recruitment, retention and career development issues by connecting in-person with CCS, AdCraft and Michigan State University students to advance efforts to increase the number of diverse students entering advertising and by elevating MRM’s presence at AdEx, portfolio reviews and senior presentations. Jeff conducted informal, informational interviews with diverse people from both inside and outside the company, and gathered their perspectives on what MRM, and the industry at large, can do differently to make an impact in the D&I space and beyond. After two years as the Chairman of the Adcraft Detroit D Show, Jeff selected and elected his successor, who became the first-ever Chairwoman.
Jeff also led pro bono efforts for Sikhya and the Judson Center. As a result of MRM’s efforts, Sikhya has seen significant improvement in engagement with their fundraising efforts, acquiring over 400 advocates for their efforts on Facebook and tripling their funds. Jeff and his team created a unique event and social media handle that provided the Judson Center with a platform to build a fundraising event. In 2017, attendance was up 23% and sponsorship revenue was up 11% versus 2016.
At MRM//McCann Detroit, two out of three Group Creative Directors are women, two out of three Creative Directors are women and over 50% of the agency’s Associate Creative Directors are women. As a result, over 50% of creative leadership at MRM//McCann Detroit are women. Through Jeff’s efforts in pro bono work, Sikhya has seen significant improvement in engagement with their fundraising efforts, acquiring over 400 advocates for their efforts on Facebook and tripling their funds. Judson Center saw a 23% increase in attendance and an 11% increase in sponsorship revenue in 2017.
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- FITZCO Partners with French’s and Coolhaus on Mustard Ice Cream for National Mustard Day - Published on 08/07/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019