McCann and Ulta Launch ‘The Possibilities are Beautiful’
Ulta Beauty and McCann New York have partnered to highlight the brand’s purpose and show guests, “They don’t come to Ulta Beauty to become beautiful; they come because they already are.” Ulta Beauty’s new ad campaign illustrates the beauty retailer’s belief that nothing is more beautiful than possibility and that it sees possibilities in each and every person.
“Over the last few years we’ve been on a journey to establish our brand’s “All Things Beauty, All in One Place’ proposition,” said Shelley Haus, Ulta Beauty’s Senior Vice President, Brand Marketing. “After building an amazing foundation, we are now architecting the next chapter of the brand that builds from that foundation. We are excited to launch our new, breakthrough ‘The Possibilities are Beautiful’ campaign, emphasizing the meaningful role of beauty in our guests’ lives and celebrating our belief that beauty should be limitless.”
The ads feature people from a spectrum of age groups, ethnicities, body types and gender identities. The team took the approach of “casting with meaning” by including the stories of people who are realizing their dreams, coming into their own and going beyond what they thought was possible.
“Casting was crucial,’ said Tom Murphy, McCann New York Co-Creative Officer. “We needed to find individuals who truly embodied the notion of beautiful possibilities. The film is a collection of rich personal stories and you feel that as you watch it,” he continued.
As a purpose-driven brand, a campaign like this was a natural next step for Ulta Beauty – it encompasses the emotional connection each guest feels when they walk through the doors of any Ulta Beauty store.
- MullenLowe London Creates Campaign for Winston Fletcher Fiction Prize - Published on 02/14/2019
- The Martin Agency and Oreo Launch New Work with Wiz Khalifa - Published on 02/13/2019
- Deutsch Works with Me Too on New Campaign - Published on 02/08/2019
- McCann Shanghai and Coca-Cola Launch Annual Chinese New Year Campaign - Published on 02/06/2019
- Michael Roth Accepts the BRT Sustainability Challenge - Published on 02/04/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Stella Artois Partner Again with Water.org In Super Bowl Spot - Published on 02/01/2019
- FCB Canada Develops Campaign for PTSD Sufferers - Published on 01/31/2019
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019