McCANN MANCHESTER GETS BEHIND CHARITY SINGLE FOR BRITISH HEART FOUNDATION
McCann Manchester got behind one of its employees - who is also a Grammy-shortlisted DJ, producer and writer - to help him launch a charity single featuring a sample of his own heartbeat to raise money for the British Heart Foundation, four months after having life-saving heart surgery himself.
The single, “No More,” was released on World Heart Day on September 29th by agency Content Designer Mike McGuinness - better known as DJ Lempo - who co-wrote and produced the single.
All proceeds from the single will go toward the British Heart Foundation’s funding for cardiovascular research in the UK.
Lempo underwent an emergency operation earlier this year to fix a potentially fatal heart condition that took years to diagnose, yet only a few days for a solution to be put in place.
Lempo used his iPhone to record the sound of the heart rate monitor before his surgery at the Royal Stoke University Hospital, and his own heartbeat after the operation using a stethoscope app. McCann Manchester helped produce the music video, which incorporates user-generated content from McCann employees as well as celebrities such as Ashley Taylor Dawson and Kieron Richardson and X-Factor winner Shayne Ward. The agency is also working to share and amplify awareness through social channels using the hashtag #NoMoreHeartbreak.
Leah Goodhind, Fundraising Manager for the British Heart Foundation, says, "we never cease to be amazed by the extraordinary ways people like Mike fundraise for the BHF and we're incredibly grateful to them for their efforts. Our supporters like Mike power our research, and this means we can ultimately go on to help save thousands of lives."
- IPG Hosts Ninth Annual Global Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/19/2019
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- 303 MullenLowe Focuses on Mental Health Awareness - Published on 06/18/2019
- New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom - Published on 06/17/2019
- Deutsch and Heinz Create ‘Smear' Campaign - Published on 06/13/2019
- Michael Roth Honored by the AEF - Published on 06/11/2019
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Daren Criss ‘Movie’ for Return of Nacho Fries - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Named to S&P 500 ESG and S&P Global 1200 ESG - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Employees Discuss Pride and Mark Stonewall 50th - Published on 06/07/2019
- Cadreon Hosts Mental Health & Wellness Event - Published on 05/23/2019