McCANN MANCHESTER GETS BEHIND CHARITY SINGLE FOR BRITISH HEART FOUNDATION
McCann Manchester got behind one of its employees - who is also a Grammy-shortlisted DJ, producer and writer - to help him launch a charity single featuring a sample of his own heartbeat to raise money for the British Heart Foundation, four months after having life-saving heart surgery himself.
The single, “No More,” was released on World Heart Day on September 29th by agency Content Designer Mike McGuinness - better known as DJ Lempo - who co-wrote and produced the single.
All proceeds from the single will go toward the British Heart Foundation’s funding for cardiovascular research in the UK.
Lempo underwent an emergency operation earlier this year to fix a potentially fatal heart condition that took years to diagnose, yet only a few days for a solution to be put in place.
Lempo used his iPhone to record the sound of the heart rate monitor before his surgery at the Royal Stoke University Hospital, and his own heartbeat after the operation using a stethoscope app. McCann Manchester helped produce the music video, which incorporates user-generated content from McCann employees as well as celebrities such as Ashley Taylor Dawson and Kieron Richardson and X-Factor winner Shayne Ward. The agency is also working to share and amplify awareness through social channels using the hashtag #NoMoreHeartbreak.
Leah Goodhind, Fundraising Manager for the British Heart Foundation, says, "we never cease to be amazed by the extraordinary ways people like Mike fundraise for the BHF and we're incredibly grateful to them for their efforts. Our supporters like Mike power our research, and this means we can ultimately go on to help save thousands of lives."
- IPG Mediabrands Works with SF SPCA - Published on 12/11/2018
- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion - Published on 12/06/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe Brings Awareness to Child Abuse - Published on 11/29/2018
- IPG Brings Clean Water to Ethiopia - Published on 11/27/2018
- The Martin Agency and JFK Library Foundation Launch @JohnFKennedy - Published on 11/20/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018