McCANN MANCHESTER GETS BEHIND CHARITY SINGLE FOR BRITISH HEART FOUNDATION
McCann Manchester got behind one of its employees - who is also a Grammy-shortlisted DJ, producer and writer - to help him launch a charity single featuring a sample of his own heartbeat to raise money for the British Heart Foundation, four months after having life-saving heart surgery himself.
The single, “No More,” was released on World Heart Day on September 29th by agency Content Designer Mike McGuinness - better known as DJ Lempo - who co-wrote and produced the single.
All proceeds from the single will go toward the British Heart Foundation’s funding for cardiovascular research in the UK.
Lempo underwent an emergency operation earlier this year to fix a potentially fatal heart condition that took years to diagnose, yet only a few days for a solution to be put in place.
Lempo used his iPhone to record the sound of the heart rate monitor before his surgery at the Royal Stoke University Hospital, and his own heartbeat after the operation using a stethoscope app. McCann Manchester helped produce the music video, which incorporates user-generated content from McCann employees as well as celebrities such as Ashley Taylor Dawson and Kieron Richardson and X-Factor winner Shayne Ward. The agency is also working to share and amplify awareness through social channels using the hashtag #NoMoreHeartbreak.
Leah Goodhind, Fundraising Manager for the British Heart Foundation, says, "we never cease to be amazed by the extraordinary ways people like Mike fundraise for the BHF and we're incredibly grateful to them for their efforts. Our supporters like Mike power our research, and this means we can ultimately go on to help save thousands of lives."
- McCann, Kesha and Gun Activists Bring Attention to Vicious Cycle of Gun Violence - Published on 10/19/2018
- IPG Wears Purple to Stand Up Against Bullying - Published on 10/19/2018
- IPGLBT Releases Spirit Day Guide for Bullying Prevention - Published on 10/17/2018
- McCann London Brings Attention to Air Pollution with ‘Toxic Toby’ - Published on 10/17/2018
- The Martin Agency, OpenTable and Virginia Tourism Create Stranger-Pairing Program - Published on 10/16/2018
- BEN Hosts Civility in America Presentation - Published on 10/12/2018
- IPG and Huge Honored by UN Foundation - Published on 10/11/2018
- Orion Hosts Hispanic Heritage Month Program - Published on 10/10/2018
- MullenLowe SSP3 and Aruba Tourism Challenge Stereotypes in Love - Published on 10/09/2018
- Acxiom Provides Unified Data Solutions - Published on 10/09/2018