McCann, Kesha and Gun Activists Bring Attention to Vicious Cycle of Gun Violence
McCann teamed up with March for Our Lives activists, pop icon Kesha and her younger brother Sage and others to create a music video that dramatizes the cycle of gun violence and reminds young people that voting is the only way to end it.
Just like gun violence in America, the video repeats over and over again. The film features a song, written the day after the Parkland shooting, by Sage, who was a senior in high school at the time.
The song is performed by Sage, Kesha and up-and-coming rapper Chika. The film includes a memorial scene, honoring actual victims of gun violence from the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting, the Pulse Nightclub shooting, as well as everyday gun violence in different parts of Chicago. Footage supplied by witness and activist, David Hogg, from inside his classroom the day-of, is also included to remind viewers of the personal nature of the gun-violence epidemic.
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Works with SF SPCA - Published on 12/11/2018
- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion - Published on 12/06/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe Brings Awareness to Child Abuse - Published on 11/29/2018
- IPG Brings Clean Water to Ethiopia - Published on 11/27/2018
- The Martin Agency and JFK Library Foundation Launch @JohnFKennedy - Published on 11/20/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018