McCann, Kesha and Gun Activists Bring Attention to Vicious Cycle of Gun Violence
McCann teamed up with March for Our Lives activists, pop icon Kesha and her younger brother Sage and others to create a music video that dramatizes the cycle of gun violence and reminds young people that voting is the only way to end it.
Just like gun violence in America, the video repeats over and over again. The film features a song, written the day after the Parkland shooting, by Sage, who was a senior in high school at the time.
The song is performed by Sage, Kesha and up-and-coming rapper Chika. The film includes a memorial scene, honoring actual victims of gun violence from the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting, the Pulse Nightclub shooting, as well as everyday gun violence in different parts of Chicago. Footage supplied by witness and activist, David Hogg, from inside his classroom the day-of, is also included to remind viewers of the personal nature of the gun-violence epidemic.
- IPG Hosts Ninth Annual Global Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/19/2019
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- 303 MullenLowe Focuses on Mental Health Awareness - Published on 06/18/2019
- New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom - Published on 06/17/2019
- Deutsch and Heinz Create ‘Smear' Campaign - Published on 06/13/2019
- Michael Roth Honored by the AEF - Published on 06/11/2019
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Daren Criss ‘Movie’ for Return of Nacho Fries - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Named to S&P 500 ESG and S&P Global 1200 ESG - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Employees Discuss Pride and Mark Stonewall 50th - Published on 06/07/2019
- Cadreon Hosts Mental Health & Wellness Event - Published on 05/23/2019