FCB Canada Develops Campaign for PTSD Sufferers
The healing power of nature is highlighted in a new campaign for Warrior Adventures Canada (WAC), a Canadian non-profit operated by active and retired military members that uses week-long whitewater canoeing, back-country camping and rock-climbing excursions to help PTSD sufferers reclaim their lives.
The campaign is built around a spot developed by FCB Canada in partnership with Toronto production company Someplace Nice. The 90-second spot, “Join Us,” follows a group of real-life veterans and first responders suffering from PTSD, including an actual service dog, as they embark on their journey to recovery into the Canadian wilderness with WAC adventures.
Although the spot highlights the beauty, restorative power and majesty of nature through its imagery, the audio subtly incorporates the sounds of war – inserted to provide context for the ongoing battle PTSD represents for its sufferers.
“These veterans and first-responders are no less injured than those that come back with visible scars and injuries. We just don’t see them that way and therefore provide less resources in the healing process. This piece is meant to reframe how we look at PTSD and how we treat it,” says Nancy Crimi-Lamanna, Chief Creative Officer at FCB Canada.
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019
- IPG Hosts Ninth Annual Global Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/19/2019
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- 303 MullenLowe Focuses on Mental Health Awareness - Published on 06/18/2019
- New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom - Published on 06/17/2019
- Deutsch and Heinz Create ‘Smear' Campaign - Published on 06/13/2019
- Michael Roth Honored by the AEF - Published on 06/11/2019
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Daren Criss ‘Movie’ for Return of Nacho Fries - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Named to S&P 500 ESG and S&P Global 1200 ESG - Published on 06/10/2019