McCann Shanghai and Coca-Cola Launch Annual Chinese New Year Campaign
Coca-Cola, in partnership with McCann Shanghai, has launched its annual Chinese New Year campaign, featuring the beloved, iconic Coca-Cola Clay Dolls that have become synonymous with the annual celebrations, launched by McCann in 2001.
“Building on our previous success, this year’s installment of the Coca-Cola Clay Dolls (Fuwa) retains its magical place during the CNY holidays by being rooted in tradition,” said Richard Cotton, Head of Content, Creative & Design, Coca-Cola Greater China and Korea.
“In this year’s storytelling, we wanted to remind people that Good Fortune starts with genuine family love. It’s when we come closer, all the magic of CNY becomes real with family cheer an essential ingredient to ensure a year full of wealth, health and luck, ” said Cia Hatzi, Chief Client Officer, McCann Worldgroup APAC.
The campaign idea was brought to life by having the Coca-Cola Clay Dolls offer gestures of love to family, which can be seen on packaging, TV, print, outdoors, POSM, and digital. Through a partnership with Alibaba and Alipay, Coca-Cola is also giving away millions of red packets with symbols of love.
“Our Alibaba partnership enables us to use their entire ecosystem, and we have upgraded the experience through AR and AI technology embedded in the activation, where the Coca-Cola Clay Dolls (Fuwa) send out gifts to participants to express their family love”, continued Richard Cotton.
- Weber Shandwick and DOVE Support Women’s Empowerment - Published on 03/22/2019
- BMW X3 Launch - Published on 03/19/2019
- Navigating the New Reality - Published on 03/19/2019
- Bank of America Special Olympics World Games - Published on 03/18/2019
- Hill Holliday and Optum Launch Brand Campaign - Published on 03/18/2019
- Lowe Lintas and Gits Food Mark IWD - Published on 03/12/2019
- McDonald's: MacCoin - Published on 03/11/2019
- nPower: Blue Go Green - Published on 03/11/2019
- Microsoft 365 – B2B Event Experiences Around The Globe - Published on 03/11/2019
- Frontier Communications – Sponsorship Strategy Roadmap - Published on 03/11/2019