McCann Shanghai and Coca-Cola Launch Annual Chinese New Year Campaign
Coca-Cola, in partnership with McCann Shanghai, has launched its annual Chinese New Year campaign, featuring the beloved, iconic Coca-Cola Clay Dolls that have become synonymous with the annual celebrations, launched by McCann in 2001.
“Building on our previous success, this year’s installment of the Coca-Cola Clay Dolls (Fuwa) retains its magical place during the CNY holidays by being rooted in tradition,” said Richard Cotton, Head of Content, Creative & Design, Coca-Cola Greater China and Korea.
“In this year’s storytelling, we wanted to remind people that Good Fortune starts with genuine family love. It’s when we come closer, all the magic of CNY becomes real with family cheer an essential ingredient to ensure a year full of wealth, health and luck, ” said Cia Hatzi, Chief Client Officer, McCann Worldgroup APAC.
The campaign idea was brought to life by having the Coca-Cola Clay Dolls offer gestures of love to family, which can be seen on packaging, TV, print, outdoors, POSM, and digital. Through a partnership with Alibaba and Alipay, Coca-Cola is also giving away millions of red packets with symbols of love.
“Our Alibaba partnership enables us to use their entire ecosystem, and we have upgraded the experience through AR and AI technology embedded in the activation, where the Coca-Cola Clay Dolls (Fuwa) send out gifts to participants to express their family love”, continued Richard Cotton.
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019
- Jack Morton and Chevrolet Empower Girls through Sport - Published on 04/25/2019
- FCB Chicago Creates Conversation About Gun Violence - Published on 04/23/2019