McCann Shanghai and Coca-Cola Launch Annual Chinese New Year Campaign
Coca-Cola, in partnership with McCann Shanghai, has launched its annual Chinese New Year campaign, featuring the beloved, iconic Coca-Cola Clay Dolls that have become synonymous with the annual celebrations, launched by McCann in 2001.
“Building on our previous success, this year’s installment of the Coca-Cola Clay Dolls (Fuwa) retains its magical place during the CNY holidays by being rooted in tradition,” said Richard Cotton, Head of Content, Creative & Design, Coca-Cola Greater China and Korea.
“In this year’s storytelling, we wanted to remind people that Good Fortune starts with genuine family love. It’s when we come closer, all the magic of CNY becomes real with family cheer an essential ingredient to ensure a year full of wealth, health and luck, ” said Cia Hatzi, Chief Client Officer, McCann Worldgroup APAC.
The campaign idea was brought to life by having the Coca-Cola Clay Dolls offer gestures of love to family, which can be seen on packaging, TV, print, outdoors, POSM, and digital. Through a partnership with Alibaba and Alipay, Coca-Cola is also giving away millions of red packets with symbols of love.
“Our Alibaba partnership enables us to use their entire ecosystem, and we have upgraded the experience through AR and AI technology embedded in the activation, where the Coca-Cola Clay Dolls (Fuwa) send out gifts to participants to express their family love”, continued Richard Cotton.
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- FITZCO Partners with French’s and Coolhaus on Mustard Ice Cream for National Mustard Day - Published on 08/07/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019