MullenLowe London Creates Campaign for Winston Fletcher Fiction Prize
Ahead of the upcoming Winston Fletcher Fiction Prize, MullenLowe London has created a striking out of home campaign to raise awareness of the prize and invite the next great fiction writers from the advertising industry to submit their works of fiction for a cash prize.
The campaign gives alternative, satirical titles to some of the world’s greatest novels, with the tagline “Great stories aren’t told in headlines.” The rewritten titles include “Communist Pigs. Literally Communist Pigs” in place of Orwell’s Animal Farm, and “Dudes Cross World to Throw Ring in Volcano” for Tolkien’s “The Lord of the Rings.”
The Winston Fletcher Fiction Prize was created in memory of one of advertising’s greats, the late Winston Fletcher (1937 – 2012), who was also a prolific writer. Its purpose is to encourage and recognize great writing among the advertising and marketing community. The winner will receive a cash prize of £2,000 awarded by a jury chaired by author, philanthropist and founder of Waterstones, Sir Tim Waterstone.
Entries are open until March 17th and applicants are invited to submit their entries to http://www.thewinstonfletcherprize.co.uk/. The winner will be announced in May.
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- FITZCO Partners with French’s and Coolhaus on Mustard Ice Cream for National Mustard Day - Published on 08/07/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019