One of McDonald’s most iconic menu items, the Big Mac, celebrated its 50th Anniversary creating an opportunity for the brand to reignite love for the Big Mac. Since its invention, the Big Mac has traversed the globe and has become so ubiquitous that The Economist even uses the Big Mac as an international measure of global currency. Understanding the global nature of the Big Mac, Golin knew something big had to be done in order to properly celebrate the iconic sandwich on its golden anniversary.
To get media and consumers talking about the 50th anniversary of the Big Mac and taking inspiration from key insights, Golin set out to help McDonald’s create the world’s first fully food-backed currency – MacCoin – a limited edition global currency* backed by the internationally iconic Big Mac itself. This summer, Big Mac fans in more than 50 participating countries around the world could get their hands on one of the 6.2 million MacCoins – available in five designs, each representing a decade of the Big Mac – to be shared, collected or redeemed for a free Big Mac at McDonald’s restaurants in participating countries all around the globe.
Ready to put this experience to work for your brand? Get in touch with us.
*MacCoin has no cash value and was only redeemable for one free Big Mac at participating McDonald’s restaurants during the time of the promotion.
- IPG Hosts Ninth Annual Global Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/19/2019
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- 303 MullenLowe Focuses on Mental Health Awareness - Published on 06/18/2019
- New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom - Published on 06/17/2019
- Deutsch and Heinz Create ‘Smear' Campaign - Published on 06/13/2019
- Michael Roth Honored by the AEF - Published on 06/11/2019
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Daren Criss ‘Movie’ for Return of Nacho Fries - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Named to S&P 500 ESG and S&P Global 1200 ESG - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Employees Discuss Pride and Mark Stonewall 50th - Published on 06/07/2019
- Cadreon Hosts Mental Health & Wellness Event - Published on 05/23/2019