nPower: Blue Go Green
Energy supplier npower tasked Golin with creating a splash in the tabloids for the launch of its new "Go Green" tariff and communicating how simple it is to make the switch.
Knowing that green energy alone wouldn’t cut it for sensationalist and pop culture-driven tabloid press, we needed to capture the attention of our audience and target media with a funny, sharable campaign that would make people take notice.
We collaborated with boyband Blue to spoof their relaunch as "Green"- the first sustainable energy boyband. The mockumentary-style campaign showed a series of ridiculous scenarios featuring Blue’s new manager trying to make Blue Go Green, to exploit the green theme for the most cringe-inducing relaunch yet with whale music duets, terrible greensploitation ideas and dubious eco-cover art with the boys on wind turbines. With our humorous narrative, we created a series of campaign assets and touchpoints to drive maximum reach, awareness and consideration among tabloid media and our target audience.
The campaign was hugely successful, smashing all objectives. Headline results include coverage that appeared in all UK tabloid newspapers (The Sun, Daily Star, Daily Mirror, Mail Online) with 14 pieces of national coverage secured in total; 338 pieces of coverage generated in just one week (vs. a target of 73) and a PR editorial reach of 289.5 million. The video also paved the way for an intimate one-off gig, giving UK consumers the chance to win tickets through npower’s social channels, by suggesting their best green-themed names for the new "Green" album.
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- FITZCO Partners with French’s and Coolhaus on Mustard Ice Cream for National Mustard Day - Published on 08/07/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019