nPower: Blue Go Green
Energy supplier npower tasked Golin with creating a splash in the tabloids for the launch of its new "Go Green" tariff and communicating how simple it is to make the switch.
Knowing that green energy alone wouldn’t cut it for sensationalist and pop culture-driven tabloid press, we needed to capture the attention of our audience and target media with a funny, sharable campaign that would make people take notice.
We collaborated with boyband Blue to spoof their relaunch as "Green"- the first sustainable energy boyband. The mockumentary-style campaign showed a series of ridiculous scenarios featuring Blue’s new manager trying to make Blue Go Green, to exploit the green theme for the most cringe-inducing relaunch yet with whale music duets, terrible greensploitation ideas and dubious eco-cover art with the boys on wind turbines. With our humorous narrative, we created a series of campaign assets and touchpoints to drive maximum reach, awareness and consideration among tabloid media and our target audience.
The campaign was hugely successful, smashing all objectives. Headline results include coverage that appeared in all UK tabloid newspapers (The Sun, Daily Star, Daily Mirror, Mail Online) with 14 pieces of national coverage secured in total; 338 pieces of coverage generated in just one week (vs. a target of 73) and a PR editorial reach of 289.5 million. The video also paved the way for an intimate one-off gig, giving UK consumers the chance to win tickets through npower’s social channels, by suggesting their best green-themed names for the new "Green" album.
- Cadreon Hosts Mental Health & Wellness Event - Published on 05/23/2019
- R/GA Buenos Aires and Nike Argentina Inspire New Generation of Athletes - Published on 05/22/2019
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019