Weber Shandwick and DOVE Support Women’s Empowerment
Weber Shandwick partnered with DOVE® Chocolate and CARE, a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty as they announced the next phase of their partnership to empower women in the cocoa growing communities of Cote d’Ivoire, where 40% of the world’s cocoa is sourced.
The initiative – called “She’s in Business” – launched on International Women’s Day 2019 when the first stone was laid on a new community marketplace for women-led businesses in the village of Gueyo, a centrally located commerce area nestled among the cocoa fields. The new marketplace will not only provide space for women to sell their goods and grow their income-generating activities, it will also offer year-round protection from the elements, as well as working electricity and hygienic conditions in which to conduct their business. New meeting space will allow women to organize training sessions and rent out for additional income. It is a significant step on the road to financial independence for the women of Gueyo and a bold and inspiring move by DOVE® Chocolate.
Since the partnership between DOVE® Chocolate and CARE began in 2015, it has supported the development and evolution of small female-driven enterprises in cocoa farming communities using the CARE Village Savings & Loan Associations (VSLA) methodology. Today, nearly 300 VSLAs operate in 39 communities in Cote d’Ivoire with thousands of members, 80 percent of whom are women. The VSLAs have become essential in helping women achieve financial independence and empowerment in household financial decision-making. In turn, the cocoa growing communities have benefited, as the resources generated are re-invested in by the women themselves. For more information, please visit www.dovechocolate.com.
- Cadreon Hosts Mental Health & Wellness Event - Published on 05/23/2019
- R/GA Buenos Aires and Nike Argentina Inspire New Generation of Athletes - Published on 05/22/2019
- McCann Europe and MRM//McCann Frankfurt Create Alexa Skill for Those with Alzheimer’s - Published on 05/20/2019
- FCB/RED and Bud Light Celebrate Pride - Published on 05/16/2019
- Neon Uses Cheesy Ads for Recruitment - Published on 05/13/2019
- McCann and Mastercard Showcase Unity through Sport - Published on 05/09/2019
- MullenLowe Singapore and Signia Bring Attention to Hearing Loss - Published on 05/07/2019
- FCB Mexico and Ayudín Focus on Equality in New Campaign - Published on 05/03/2019
- Rapport Creates Environmentally-Friendly Billboards for Earth Day - Published on 05/02/2019
- Mullen Lowe and Burger King Launch Campaign Around ‘Real Meals’ - Published on 05/02/2019