Stickyeyes and LG Create Digital Awareness Campaigns to Promote Activision Titles
Our challenge was to help LG promote their official partnership with Activision and promote the best 4K gaming experiences for new titles like Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
We created a stylish microsite that pushed stunning visuals and used subtle animations to bring Activision characters to life.
We also created a supporting online "reaction time" game that pitted the users of different consoles against each other in an effort to find out which gamers had the fastest reactions times (PS4, Xbox or PC gamers).
With experience such an important issue for the audiences that we were targeting, it was important that our microsite was visually appealing, easy to navigate and told the story of LG and Activision.
From initial iteration and sketching, we worked to ensure that first and foremost, our site was as slick, smooth and refined as the games this campaign was reflecting.
Creative Design & Branding
We also wanted to create a very distinctive visual identity for this concept, which led to the conception of the Love 2 Game brand.
In order to bring the characters to life, we needed a design style that really emphasized the excitement and mind-blowing visual nature of not only 4K gaming, but also of the Call of Duty games.
Finally, we needed to have a conversion-optimized design and concept that would drive our audiences to learn more about the LG 4K range and drive brand awareness, to tell the story of LG’s range of ultra-high definition 4K TV’s.
Taking inspiration from Batak – a human performance training method – we created an online game that tested the reaction speeds of our players. We wanted to know how quickly they could respond to a situation, and see how they compared against their fellow gamers.
Our idea created a huge stir in the gaming community, with gaming bloggers and vloggers, social media influencers and even the mainstream media getting involved in the ultimate gaming debate – which console had the greatest gamers?
After a month, we had generated more than 200 pieces of individual coverage for the game across a wide range of media and influencers. This included coverage on prominent publications such as LADBible, UNILAD, Mail Online, The Mirror, Daily Star and the New York Post.
And the results?
- 215,000 plays in a month
- 81,000 plays in a single day
- 10,000% increase in organic traffic
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- FITZCO Partners with French’s and Coolhaus on Mustard Ice Cream for National Mustard Day - Published on 08/07/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019