McCann, L’Oreal Paris and British Vogue Smash Preconceptions About Aging with ‘The Non-Issue’
In response to a youth-obsessed culture, where women over 50 still feel increasingly invisible, L’Oreal Paris and British Vogue have partnered to launch “The Non-Issue” issue – a publication first, jointly-created by McCann London and McCann Paris to ensure that age should no longer be an issue.
“The Non-Issue” issue, which will be included within the May edition of British Vogue is in direct response to women over 50 remaining conspicuous by their absence in the beauty and fashion industries and the wider media landscape.
“The Non-Issue” issue features the iconic actress and L’Oréal Paris ambassador Jane Fonda on the cover alongside an exclusive interview. The special edition from the editors of British Vogue includes world-class editorial, fashion and beauty content, featuring the lives and perspectives of inspirational and trail-blazing women, all over the age of 50. Other L’Oréal Paris ambassadors featured within “The Non-Issue” include Helen Mirren, Isabelle Adjani and global celebrated make-up artist Val Garland, amongst others.
The special edition also features a global first QR code, for readers to access via Facebook Messenger exclusive behind the scenes content including the “The Making of the Non-Issue.”
“As a brand which has always championed and celebrated female empowerment at every age, it felt appropriate for us to join forces with one of the world’s most iconic fashion and beauty publications, British Vogue, in the shared belief that age is a “Non-Issue,” commented Pierre-Emmanuel Angeloglou, Global Brand President of L’Oréal Paris. This collaboration is the first of its kind and hopefully a first step in a global movement that helps us to normalize the subject of aging,” he continued.
“Ageism remains an often-overlooked form of discrimination; unconsciously accepted by so many in everyday life,” noted Charlotte Franceries, Beauty Team President at McCann Paris. This is why we felt the world’s leading beauty brand L’Oreal Paris and iconic British Vogue were the perfect platforms to help turn age into a non-issue. It’s time we all awoke from the inertia of everyday ageism.”
The May issue of British Vogue featuring the “Non-Issue” issue in partnership with L’Oréal is available via digital download and newsstands on Friday 5th April 2019.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019