The Martin Agency and GEICO Use ‘Smartdogs’ For Safer Driving
The ping of a notification on our smartphone instantly releases dopamine, energizing the reward circuitry in our brains and giving us pleasure similar to eating, drinking, even sex.
But this psychological and physiological response can have a devastating result: every day in the U.S. nine lives are lost as a result of distracted driving.
But people just aren’t listening to other people’s fear-mongering and logic, so GEICO tapped into a non-person too adorable to ignore.
April is Distracted Driving Awareness Month, so we’re introducing “Smartdogs” – the first dogs being trained to train humans. Spoiler alert: the experiment doesn’t go too well. Good news is, GEICO has a simple tip that’s highly effective: turning on “Do Not Disturb While Driving Mode” on your smartphone. See more about how
four-legged celebrities have already put their paws down on distracted driving, but it’s clear that they aren’t the ones saving lives here.
That’s why GEICO is giving people a real weapon against distracted driving that, ironically, is right there on their phones.
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- FITZCO Partners with French’s and Coolhaus on Mustard Ice Cream for National Mustard Day - Published on 08/07/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019