New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom
This May, more than 300 Acxiom associates from across the U.S., as well as Germany, China and the U.K., came together for the launch of Acxiom Women LEAD (Leadership Enrichment and Development) in the company’s U.S. headquarters.
Founded this spring by Melissa Metheny, Vice President of Sales and Account Management, Janet Cinfio, Chief Information Officer and Stefana Rusu, VP of Global Marketing, LEAD is a new program that aims to create a workplace where women and men can pursue their career ambitions without bias or diversity barriers. It seeks to inspire and empower all Acxiom employees to engage in conversations about gender equality to promote inclusion and diversity and support professional and personal development.
The launch event included a panel of senior female leaders including Lee Anne Eddy, Chief Nursing Officer at Arkansas Children’s Hospital, and Holly Marr, former Acxiom executive, joined by Melissa Metheny.
A second panel made up of predominantly male executives from Acxiom discussed the importance of becoming male allies to women and emphasized the benefits of having diverse teams as a winning combination for making a bigger business impact. Christina Munoz Madsen, a PR/marketing professional and former TV anchor, moderated both panels and provided great insights on being a team player, even on an uneven playing field.
The launch event was a great success, and Acxiom is planning more, including a big event at the end of Advertising Week New York this September at IPG New York corporate office. Read more.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019