Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes
Work for good causes from McCann New York and McCann Tel Aviv was instrumental in helping McCann Worldgroup win its Agency Network of The Year recognition at Cannes. First, McCann New York’s “Generation Lockdown,” for March For Our Lives, won the Grand Prix For Good. The film introduces a world-weary expert in gun safety procedures who is instructing a group of office workers in an all-staff meeting on how to prepare themselves in case of an active shooter incident. That instructor is a 9-year-old girl. The film makes the disturbing point that about 95 percent of American schoolchildren are now being trained in how to handle a live shooting situation.
On a more inspiring note, McCann New York won a Titanium Lion for its “Changing The Game” film for Microsoft Xbox Adaptive Controller. The film, which debuted during the Super Bowl, follows the inspirational story of passionate young gamers who rise to the top of their game with a little help from their friends, family and the Xbox Adaptive Controller. The story illustrates Microsoft’s commitment to building accessible technology that levels the playing field and creates opportunity for every child, regardless of their physical limitations.
Most surprising, McCann Tel Aviv’s “ThisAbles” campaign for IKEA Israel--conceived, written by and starring McCann Tel Aviv copywriter Eldar Yusupov, a person with disabilities – hacked popular IKEA products and made them accessible to people with disabilities. The campaign shows how anyone can use a 3D printer to print simple parts that turn IKEA furniture and accessories into disability-friendly products. The campaign – which was named one of the winners that Advertising Age “never saw coming” – won 1 Grand Prix and 2 Gold Lions in the Lions Health competition, along with a shelf-full of awards in Creative Strategy, Direct, PR, Innovation and the Brand Experience/Activation Lions.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019