McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives
McCann XBC worked with Mastercard this year to support World Pride as a continuation of its #AcceptanceMatters initiative.
Mastercard created “Acceptance Street,” a street sign installation at the intersection of Gay and Christopher Streets. The street sign is a symbol of support for the growing LGBTQIA+ community, in commemoration of the 50th anniversary of Stonewall.
The official street sign now expands from Christopher and Gay to read Christopher and Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transsexual, Queer, Intersex, Asexual, Non-Binary, Pansexual, Two Spirit, + Street. Mastercard worked with the city’s Human Rights Commission to sanction the signs which were then crafted by the same company that builds street signs for New York City.
For many in the LGBTQIA+ community, the name on their credit, debit or prepaid card does not reflect their identity. As a result, for the transgender and non-binary communities in particular, their cards can serve as a source of sensitivity, misrepresenting their true identity when shopping and going about daily life.
Mastercard has made a commitment to address this challenge by introducing the True Name™ card. Mastercard has worked with partners to create this new product, as well as a sensitive and private process free of personal questions, that will allow for true names to appear on cards without the requirement of a legal name change. This will ease a major pain point for the transgender and non-binary community. Read more.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019