Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges
Despite going 635 days without a win, Cleveland Browns fans remained as loyal and optimistic as ever. Bud Light, the NFL’s official beer sponsor, saw an opportunity to honor the city and its football team with a once-in-a-lifetime victory celebration.
The challenge? Creating a celebration worthy of the wait. The solution? Victory Fridges. Victory Fridges are wifi-enabled locked refrigerators full of ice-cold Bud Light. They were placed in bars around the city and set to simultaneously open at the very moment the Cleveland Browns secured their first win.
The Weber Shandwick team didn’t know when that win would come, but we had to be ready. Working with the Browns organization and Bud Light wholesalers, we placed bright orange smart-tech fridges throughout Cleveland while building anticipation for the long overdue victory. To further rally the city, we invited former Browns legends to deliver the first fridge and presented mini fridge replicas to influencers and Browns devotees such as The Miz, Pumpkin Head and Andrew Hawkins.
Finally, in the third week, the team got their win, the fridges unlocked, and Clevelanders were finally able to taste victory once again with a Bud Light in hand. From the moment Victory Fridges were introduced during the pre-season, through several down-to-the-wire-overtime-losses, to the Browns’ highly anticipated week 3 win, Bud Light dominated local and national media with over 2 billion impressions. It also caught the attention of international judges, winning a bronze PR Lion and a bronze Entertainment for Sports Lion at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- FITZCO Partners with French’s and Coolhaus on Mustard Ice Cream for National Mustard Day - Published on 08/07/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019