DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire
DeVries Global worked with Zippo on the launch of the company’s global project, “Fight Fire with Fire,” an initiative which contributes to the restoration and protection of forests around the world. Specifically, the project aims to help counter the effects of deforestation by wildfire, with work beginning in Madagascar.
As the world’s fourth largest island, Madagascar is a land mass that has had 90% of its original forests destroyed largely via “slash and burn” methods. With a shared sense of urgency to leave the planet in a better state and to put nature back into our lives, Zippo and WOODCHUCK USA will plant one tree for every collaboration lighter sold – starting in Madagascar - as part of the BUY ONE. PLANT ONE. ® program. Each lighter comes with a unique code so that purchasers can see where their tree was planted.
Wildfire is a global issue, impacting 4% of the earth’s forested surface each year. Especially concerning is the fact that 84% of fires are caused by human hand. “Fight Fire with Fire” encourages individuals to act responsibly with fire, while helping to re-forest the planet.
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- FITZCO Partners with French’s and Coolhaus on Mustard Ice Cream for National Mustard Day - Published on 08/07/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019