McCann Serbia/Suicide Prevention
McCann Serbia created a unique OOH campaign to help prevent suicides.
Why Pro Bono?
In Serbia, an average of 1,500 people take their own lives each year, with dozens of them jumping from Belgrade bridges. McCann Serbia was tasked with raising awareness about this huge problem.
McCann Serbia chose to focus on the tallest bridge in Belgrade, Brankos Bridge. Named after a famous poet, Branko Copic, who took his own life by jumping from it, the bridge has become a symbol of suicide in Serbia.
The creative team decided to project a message, "You Are Not Alone," along with the phone number of the Suicide Prevention Office. The message was projected onto the water surface and could only be seen when looking down from the bridge. Because most suicide attempts happen at night, the projected message was best visible during the nighttime hours.
McCann's work for suicide prevention gained a good deal of attention. Five national TV stations, nine major national newspapers and many radio stations and web sites reported on the projection. Many news outlets outside of Serbia carried the story about the projection, which also drew notice on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
The second step of the campaign is now underway with many Serbian companies contributing to the cause, donating money to place permanent stickers along Serbians bridges. The stickers will carry the "YOU ARE NOT ALONE" message along with the phone number for the country's Suicide Prevention Office.
- McCann Raises Awareness for Organ Donation - Published on 04/18/2019
- #ThisIsParenthood - Published on 04/16/2019
- The Brookly Brothers and Íslenska Launch Buddy Hotline - Published on 04/10/2019
- The Martin Agency and GEICO Use ‘Smartdogs’ For Safer Driving - Published on 04/09/2019
- McCann Germany and L’Oréal Paris Launch Female Empowerment Campaign - Published on 04/09/2019
- Stickyeyes and Hertz Work to Inspire Audiences - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann, L’Oreal Paris and British Vogue Smash Preconceptions About Aging with ‘The Non-Issue’ - Published on 04/05/2019
- FCB New York Marks Smokey Bear’s 75th Anniversary with New Campaign - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann Health and Shatterproof Are Rewriting the Narrative Around Addiction - Published on 04/04/2019
- Stickyeyes and LG Create Digital Awareness Campaigns to Promote Activision Titles - Published on 04/04/2019