McCann Serbia/Suicide Prevention
McCann Serbia created a unique OOH campaign to help prevent suicides.
Why Pro Bono?
In Serbia, an average of 1,500 people take their own lives each year, with dozens of them jumping from Belgrade bridges. McCann Serbia was tasked with raising awareness about this huge problem.
McCann Serbia chose to focus on the tallest bridge in Belgrade, Brankos Bridge. Named after a famous poet, Branko Copic, who took his own life by jumping from it, the bridge has become a symbol of suicide in Serbia.
The creative team decided to project a message, "You Are Not Alone," along with the phone number of the Suicide Prevention Office. The message was projected onto the water surface and could only be seen when looking down from the bridge. Because most suicide attempts happen at night, the projected message was best visible during the nighttime hours.
McCann's work for suicide prevention gained a good deal of attention. Five national TV stations, nine major national newspapers and many radio stations and web sites reported on the projection. Many news outlets outside of Serbia carried the story about the projection, which also drew notice on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
The second step of the campaign is now underway with many Serbian companies contributing to the cause, donating money to place permanent stickers along Serbians bridges. The stickers will carry the "YOU ARE NOT ALONE" message along with the phone number for the country's Suicide Prevention Office.
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Works with SF SPCA - Published on 12/11/2018
- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion - Published on 12/06/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe Brings Awareness to Child Abuse - Published on 11/29/2018
- IPG Brings Clean Water to Ethiopia - Published on 11/27/2018
- The Martin Agency and JFK Library Foundation Launch @JohnFKennedy - Published on 11/20/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018