Nature Valley Trail View-A Virtual Tour of US National Parks
Nature Valley Trail View gives an unprecedented interactive view of the Great Smoky Mountains, Yellowstone, and Grand Canyon national parks. Trail View is a Street View-style application that provides a virtual hiking tour of some of America's most amazing national park trails.
A First-of-its-Kind Project
It isn't very often that an agency team has to physically train to produce a client project. But that’s exactly what McCann’s General Mills team did to create "Trail View," a first-of-its-kind interactive experience that allows visitors on NatureValleyTrailView.com to virtually hike the trails of the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, and the Great Smoky Mountains.
Creating A Digital Experience of US National Parks
To capture 360-degree footage of nearly 60 trails, the team hiked 333 miles over three months, a challenge that required a different approach to pre-production than the average shoot! It included two grueling months of biking, hiking and running, working up to 50 miles a week, in order to endure the physical requirements of the production.
The effort began when the creative directors imagined applying Google Street View-style technology to hiking trails. Nature Valley is a long-standing supporter of America's national parks and this unprecedented digital platform allowed the granola bar maker to create a new brand experience.
The agency team partnered with editors from Backpacker magazine, who led the hikes, as well as with production company, InTheMo, and digital developer, Your Majesty.
Awards + Recognition
Since its debut in March 2012 at SxSW, McCann NY’s Nature Valley “Trail View” work has captured attention, fans and honors. These include a Gold in the 4A’s Jay Chiat Award program for Strategic Excellence, the industry’s most prestigious account planning award show. The work also won the Chairman’s Award/Best of Show at General Mills annual global awards show. And at Cannes, the work triumphed with two Gold Lions.
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Works with SF SPCA - Published on 12/11/2018
- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion - Published on 12/06/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe Brings Awareness to Child Abuse - Published on 11/29/2018
- IPG Brings Clean Water to Ethiopia - Published on 11/27/2018
- The Martin Agency and JFK Library Foundation Launch @JohnFKennedy - Published on 11/20/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018