Nature Valley Trail View-A Virtual Tour of US National Parks
Nature Valley Trail View gives an unprecedented interactive view of the Great Smoky Mountains, Yellowstone, and Grand Canyon national parks. Trail View is a Street View-style application that provides a virtual hiking tour of some of America's most amazing national park trails.
A First-of-its-Kind Project
It isn't very often that an agency team has to physically train to produce a client project. But that’s exactly what McCann’s General Mills team did to create "Trail View," a first-of-its-kind interactive experience that allows visitors on NatureValleyTrailView.com to virtually hike the trails of the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, and the Great Smoky Mountains.
Creating A Digital Experience of US National Parks
To capture 360-degree footage of nearly 60 trails, the team hiked 333 miles over three months, a challenge that required a different approach to pre-production than the average shoot! It included two grueling months of biking, hiking and running, working up to 50 miles a week, in order to endure the physical requirements of the production.
The effort began when the creative directors imagined applying Google Street View-style technology to hiking trails. Nature Valley is a long-standing supporter of America's national parks and this unprecedented digital platform allowed the granola bar maker to create a new brand experience.
The agency team partnered with editors from Backpacker magazine, who led the hikes, as well as with production company, InTheMo, and digital developer, Your Majesty.
Awards + Recognition
Since its debut in March 2012 at SxSW, McCann NY’s Nature Valley “Trail View” work has captured attention, fans and honors. These include a Gold in the 4A’s Jay Chiat Award program for Strategic Excellence, the industry’s most prestigious account planning award show. The work also won the Chairman’s Award/Best of Show at General Mills annual global awards show. And at Cannes, the work triumphed with two Gold Lions.
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019
- IPG Hosts Ninth Annual Global Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/19/2019
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- 303 MullenLowe Focuses on Mental Health Awareness - Published on 06/18/2019
- New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom - Published on 06/17/2019
- Deutsch and Heinz Create ‘Smear' Campaign - Published on 06/13/2019
- Michael Roth Honored by the AEF - Published on 06/11/2019
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Daren Criss ‘Movie’ for Return of Nacho Fries - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Named to S&P 500 ESG and S&P Global 1200 ESG - Published on 06/10/2019