R/GA/That's Not Cool
R/GA creates groundbreaking multimedia campaign to raise awareness among teens about digital dating abuse.
Why Pro Bono?
To raise awareness among teens about digital dating abuse.
Pressure for nude pics. Harassing text messages. Constant phone calls. Breaking into Facebook and MySpace accounts. Teen dating has moved into the digital world and abuse has followed.
R/GA teamed up with The Ad Council, Family Violence Prevention Fund and the Office on Violence Against Women to create That's Not Cool, a groundbreaking multimedia campaign in the U.S. designed to raise awareness among teens about digital dating abuse. Instead of preaching to teens, the campaign encourages dialogue. It invites teens to help define the issue and provides information on how to prevent it.
Centered on the website, ThatsNotCool.com, the integrated effort spans TV, radio, out of home, online advertising, and social media channels, including Facebook and YouTube. Since mobile devices are a huge aspect of teen life, the campaign's mobile site is an integral component to spreading awareness.
“That’s Not Cool” marks the first time The Ad Council chose a digital agency as agency of record. From January 5-April 8, 2009, website visits exceeded 300,000, significantly surpassing traffic typically seen on other Ad Council teen-targeted websites. The campaign was also profiled by top-tier press, including The New York Times, Chicago Tribune and NBC’s “Today” show.
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- FITZCO Partners with French’s and Coolhaus on Mustard Ice Cream for National Mustard Day - Published on 08/07/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019