R/GA/That's Not Cool
R/GA creates groundbreaking multimedia campaign to raise awareness among teens about digital dating abuse.
Why Pro Bono?
To raise awareness among teens about digital dating abuse.
Pressure for nude pics. Harassing text messages. Constant phone calls. Breaking into Facebook and MySpace accounts. Teen dating has moved into the digital world and abuse has followed.
R/GA teamed up with The Ad Council, Family Violence Prevention Fund and the Office on Violence Against Women to create That's Not Cool, a groundbreaking multimedia campaign in the U.S. designed to raise awareness among teens about digital dating abuse. Instead of preaching to teens, the campaign encourages dialogue. It invites teens to help define the issue and provides information on how to prevent it.
Centered on the website, ThatsNotCool.com, the integrated effort spans TV, radio, out of home, online advertising, and social media channels, including Facebook and YouTube. Since mobile devices are a huge aspect of teen life, the campaign's mobile site is an integral component to spreading awareness.
“That’s Not Cool” marks the first time The Ad Council chose a digital agency as agency of record. From January 5-April 8, 2009, website visits exceeded 300,000, significantly surpassing traffic typically seen on other Ad Council teen-targeted websites. The campaign was also profiled by top-tier press, including The New York Times, Chicago Tribune and NBC’s “Today” show.
- MullenLowe London Helps Relaunch The British Heart Foundation - Published on 07/19/2018
- Golin and evian Create #Babydoubles - Published on 07/18/2018
- Hill Holliday and Planet Fitness Launch New Work - Published on 07/16/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King – ‘Come as a Clown, Eat Like a King’ - Published on 07/13/2018
- FCB Lisbon Partners with Paralympic Committee - Published on 07/10/2018
- EP+Co Celebrates Pride Month - Published on 07/09/2018
- 215 McCann and Minecraft Enlist Gamers to Save Coral Reefs - Published on 07/03/2018
- The Brooklyn Brothers Launches Isey Skyr in Russia - Published on 06/28/2018
- MRM//McCann and Creative Spirit: Nurturing Talent Together - Published on 06/28/2018
- IPG and charity: water Project Update - Published on 06/28/2018