Tesco Staff Site
Building an innovative website to answer the needs of the world's third largest grocery retailer and its staff.
Tesco had a simple brief - to create an online space that staff could feel was their own, driven by their content, and usable on multiple devices so that they could better engage with the business.
Our insight was that for this to work, we needed to engage staff on an ongoing basis. The site needed to be as useful to them as it was to the business, and so our solution was to create a digital version of the staff pinboards used in every store.
We devised a concept called "Pods'" which will enable staff to create groups around shared passions and interests. This brought the staff together and has worked to drive ongoing engagement, from desktop and mobile devices.
The site was initially launched late in 2012. The business buy-in for it on a global level has been so strong that it has been approved for adaptation within Tesco's key markets in Thailand and Hungary. A stage two development process has been started for the core site.
- EP+Co and Men’s Wearhouse Feature Tan France in Suit Drive - Published on 07/16/2019
- Hill Holliday Supports Celiac Awareness - Published on 07/16/2019
- Weber Shandwick and HSBC UK Launch ‘Deep Fraud’ - Published on 07/15/2019
- Prime Weber Shandwick and Clear Chanel Create the Out Of Home Project - Published on 07/10/2019
- McCann XBC Works with Mastercard on #Acceptance Matters Initiatives - Published on 07/09/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Bud Light Create Victory Fridges - Published on 07/09/2019
- EP+Co and Denny’s Show How Booths Are for Quality Time with Dad - Published on 06/27/2019
- Purpose-Driven Work by McCann Wins Big at Cannes - Published on 06/26/2019
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019