Weber Shandwick Oxfam
Weber Shandwick and Oxfam create online campaign where individuals express how they believe poverty should be fought.
Why Pro Bono?
To fight global poverty and demand that governments keep their promise to halve poverty by 2015.
In My Name was The Global Call to Action against Poverty's (GCAP) global campaign to challenge world citizens to exercise their power to fight global poverty and demand that governments keep their promise to halve poverty by 2015.
This exclusively online-driven campaign asked citizens around the world to share In My Name pledges on what they'd like their government to do to help fight poverty and hold their local and national leaders accountable for their poverty promises.
Will.i.am created a compelling music video called In My Name, with help from dozens of celebrities who creatively shared their In My Name pledges. This included everything from Fergie spray painting her name graffiti-style to Kristin Davis writing her name in lipstick on a mirror. An exclusive YouTube partnership and broadcast exclusive with MTV Worldwide premiered the video to hundreds of thousands of consumers around the globe.
The campaign launched during the UN Summit in New York City with international leaders and influential celebrities including UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon, Queen Rania of Jordon, Bono, Kristin Davis, Will.i.am and Elle Macpherson.
Weber Shandwick offices around the world worked with GCAP and Oxfam to provide strategic counsel and recommendations to support the launch. In the United States, Weber Shandwick helped Oxfam form its exclusive partnership with MTV and also lent critical expertise on the ground support at the U.N. media and consumer event in New York City.
The work resulted in international media coverage in outlets like Associated Press, E! Online, People.com, The Huffington Post and Brandweek. Overall, the campaign secured more than one million media impressions and nearly one million people have viewed the video on YouTube to-date.
- IPG Hosts Ninth Annual Global Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/19/2019
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- 303 MullenLowe Focuses on Mental Health Awareness - Published on 06/18/2019
- New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom - Published on 06/17/2019
- Deutsch and Heinz Create ‘Smear' Campaign - Published on 06/13/2019
- Michael Roth Honored by the AEF - Published on 06/11/2019
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Daren Criss ‘Movie’ for Return of Nacho Fries - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Named to S&P 500 ESG and S&P Global 1200 ESG - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Employees Discuss Pride and Mark Stonewall 50th - Published on 06/07/2019
- Cadreon Hosts Mental Health & Wellness Event - Published on 05/23/2019