"Too Late" PSA
Deutsch worked with Champions Against Bullying to create a powerful PSA promoting the importance of speaking up against bullying.
Why Pro Bono?
The epidemic of bullying is prevalent across the United States, but it can be stopped. Deutsch partnered with Champions Against Bullying – one of the oldest international nonprofit organizations committed to raising awareness and taking the steps necessary to help prevent the bullying epidemic – by creating a powerful PSA, reminding teens to have the strength to speak up, before it’s too late.
The brief was simple: As we visited the social media pages of
cyber-bullying targets who took their own lives, we kept seeing
an outpouring of positive messages posted onto their pages and realized that if some of this positivity had come out earlier, things might have turned out differently.
We set out to make a video to help teens understand that speaking up earlier matters, and to let victims know that even if they aren’t getting the support they need, that doesn’t mean the support doesn’t exist. We strongly believed that only real posts left on bullied teenagers’ social media could deliver the proper emotional impact – so we compiled messages from these social media pages and filmed teens reading them.
In the end, a powerful PSA with an important and emotional
message was brought to life – bullying can be stopped.
It’s real and it’s raw. The key takeaway – don’t let it be “too late,”
we can put a stop to bullying now.
An impactful PSA was created using teens reading real posts left on bullied teens’ social media sites, reminding people at the end of the spot to “Be nice. Now.” The results so far:
- 500,000+ video views of the PSA
- 45,000+ social media impressions
- MullenLowe London Creates Campaign for Winston Fletcher Fiction Prize - Published on 02/14/2019
- The Martin Agency and Oreo Launch New Work with Wiz Khalifa - Published on 02/13/2019
- Deutsch Works with Me Too on New Campaign - Published on 02/08/2019
- McCann Shanghai and Coca-Cola Launch Annual Chinese New Year Campaign - Published on 02/06/2019
- Michael Roth Accepts the BRT Sustainability Challenge - Published on 02/04/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Stella Artois Partner Again with Water.org In Super Bowl Spot - Published on 02/01/2019
- FCB Canada Develops Campaign for PTSD Sufferers - Published on 01/31/2019
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019