Tapping the Power of Emerging Media to Capture the Millennial Mindset
By its very name, Hanes Hosiery was not relevant to the younger generation of women. However, leveraging fashion influencers and pushing content through strategic social channels, the brand has been redefined in the eyes of today's millennial women.
Although a known name among older women, consumers under 40 had little to no perception of Hanes Hosiery. The brand needed to make an impact on younger consumers, namely Millennials, by transforming perception of hosiery as an outdated mandate to a key wardrobe accessory, without alienating an older base.
Qualitative research and quantitative analysis conducted by our team showed that hosiery brands were underutilizing social media, a key tool used by the target and that the category needed to win over – fashion-forward, trend-setting Millennials. By leading the social style conversation, Hanes Hosiery could position itself as a category leader, driving legwear trends and in turn solidifying its products as fashion must-haves.
To gain leadership in the social space, we needed to get the product out of the packaging and into the hands of influential fashionistas. We empowered key influencers to incorporate Hanes Hosiery products into their personal style, encouraging them to share their looks with their social networks and in turn get opportunities to serve as brand ambassadors. From blog mentions to repping the brand at NY Fashion Week, the influencers upped Hanes Hosiery fashion cred and in turn we promoted their personal brands. We regularly featured the influencers on the brand’s social pages, made them the personality behind style and fit tools and consistently gave them the content and product samples to drive their social followers to purchase. We also engaged with everyday women in the social space through sampling programs, sweepstakes and content, galvanizing a whole generation of brand enthusiasts.
- Over 169,000 Facebook likes, thousands of Twitter followers and leads the category on Pinterest
- 400MM organic impressions in the online space, including thousands of positive product reviews and brand mentions by top fashionistas on prominent style blogs and websites
- Key products have sold out at national retailers
- Year over year the brand’s positive sentiment has increased. In 2013, Hanes Hosiery led the category with positive sentiment of 92%, beating out category heavyweight Spanx.
- ADVANTAGE & HYUNDAI ARE ROLLING AGAIN WITH THE NFL ROOKIES - Published on 04/20/2018
- IPG IT Group Hosts Middle Schoolers for STEM Event - Published on 04/18/2018
- The Martin Agency Marks Equal Pay Day - Published on 04/16/2018
- FCB Inferno Encourages Young People to be #Knifefree - Published on 04/09/2018
- McCann and MGM Resorts Celebrate Universal Love - Published on 04/06/2018
- FutureBrand UXUS and L’Occitane Create Immersive Experience - Published on 04/05/2018
- Quicken Loans - The Translator - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge & Hulu Design the Future of TV - Published on 03/30/2018
- P&G’s SK-II and Huge Redefine Women’s Skincare Products - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge Helps LG Re-imagine Authenticity for the "Post-Truth" World - Published on 03/30/2018