Human Traffic Signs
Working with client Buick of Shanghai General Motors, Lowe China has created a road safety campaign to alert drivers about obeying traffic signs. Lowe contacted real accident victims and invited them to participate in our campaign by holding up traffic signs at the spots where their accidents actually happened.
In China someone is injured in a traffic accident every three minutes, and every ten minutes, someone dies as result of one. Pedestrians and drivers failing to acknowledge and obey traffic signs is key to these tragic statistics.
As part of an overall road safety campaign by Buick, a live event was also staged on World Traffic Safety Day (April 7). Nine accident victims posed as human traffic signs at accident-prone areas during peak hour traffic, going viral immediately. "Signs are there for a Reason. Obey the rules."
- 50,000+ views of the video in week 1
- Generated huge discussion. Program was covered by CCTV and won 53 prizes in 14 major international and local awards (unpaid media RMB 4.8 mil.
- Behavioral change: Intention to obey traffic signs increased from 35% to 72.6% after seeing the campaign.
- Dramatic improvement in Buick “Safety” and “Trustworthy” brand values (80+% vs 50% before).
- CCTV invited Buick to partner as social issue partner on road safety.
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Works with SF SPCA - Published on 12/11/2018
- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion - Published on 12/06/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe Brings Awareness to Child Abuse - Published on 11/29/2018
- IPG Brings Clean Water to Ethiopia - Published on 11/27/2018
- The Martin Agency and JFK Library Foundation Launch @JohnFKennedy - Published on 11/20/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018