Human Traffic Signs
Working with client Buick of Shanghai General Motors, Lowe China has created a road safety campaign to alert drivers about obeying traffic signs. Lowe contacted real accident victims and invited them to participate in our campaign by holding up traffic signs at the spots where their accidents actually happened.
In China someone is injured in a traffic accident every three minutes, and every ten minutes, someone dies as result of one. Pedestrians and drivers failing to acknowledge and obey traffic signs is key to these tragic statistics.
As part of an overall road safety campaign by Buick, a live event was also staged on World Traffic Safety Day (April 7). Nine accident victims posed as human traffic signs at accident-prone areas during peak hour traffic, going viral immediately. "Signs are there for a Reason. Obey the rules."
- 50,000+ views of the video in week 1
- Generated huge discussion. Program was covered by CCTV and won 53 prizes in 14 major international and local awards (unpaid media RMB 4.8 mil.
- Behavioral change: Intention to obey traffic signs increased from 35% to 72.6% after seeing the campaign.
- Dramatic improvement in Buick “Safety” and “Trustworthy” brand values (80+% vs 50% before).
- CCTV invited Buick to partner as social issue partner on road safety.
- McCann Raises Awareness for Organ Donation - Published on 04/18/2019
- #ThisIsParenthood - Published on 04/16/2019
- The Brookly Brothers and Íslenska Launch Buddy Hotline - Published on 04/10/2019
- The Martin Agency and GEICO Use ‘Smartdogs’ For Safer Driving - Published on 04/09/2019
- McCann Germany and L’Oréal Paris Launch Female Empowerment Campaign - Published on 04/09/2019
- Stickyeyes and Hertz Work to Inspire Audiences - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann, L’Oreal Paris and British Vogue Smash Preconceptions About Aging with ‘The Non-Issue’ - Published on 04/05/2019
- FCB New York Marks Smokey Bear’s 75th Anniversary with New Campaign - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann Health and Shatterproof Are Rewriting the Narrative Around Addiction - Published on 04/04/2019
- Stickyeyes and LG Create Digital Awareness Campaigns to Promote Activision Titles - Published on 04/04/2019