Weber Shandwick/War Child
Weber Shandwick worked with War Child to publicize its Heroes album raising money for children in poverty.
Why Pro Bono?
War Child is a not-for-profit organization that works with children affected by war in Iraq, Afghanistan, Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda. The charity specifically works with children who have been hit hardest by the joint forces of poverty, conflict and social exclusion. Their groundbreaking work with former child soldiers, street children and children in prison has supported and helped thousands who would otherwise not have been able to re-integrate with their communities, gain access to education or find a means to support themselves.
SLAM, Weber Shandwick's lifestyle boutique, was charged with raising awareness of the organization's recent fundraising efforts. Working with two other PR agencies, SLAM was challenged to raise awareness of War Child's new Heroes album, a fundraising effort for the organization. The idea for the album was to ask major music personalities including Sir Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder and Bob Dylan to nominate a current star to re-create one of their personal favorite songs. SLAM was appointed to make Heroes, the fifth compilation album launched by War Child, the must-have album of the year.
SLAM was also challenged to help leverage other elements of the Heroes campaign, including the launch of Paul Smith's limited edition Gun Flower t-shirts, as well as an exclusive concert with Coldplay and The Killers, all potentially huge fundraisers for the charity.
A solid media relations plan was put into place to generate buzz surrounding War Child, its events and philanthropic messages.
SLAM exceeded War Child's expectations by securing widespread coverage in a variety of prominent national and regional titles, and achieved over 40 media placements with a combined circulation of over 70 million.
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Works with SF SPCA - Published on 12/11/2018
- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion - Published on 12/06/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe Brings Awareness to Child Abuse - Published on 11/29/2018
- IPG Brings Clean Water to Ethiopia - Published on 11/27/2018
- The Martin Agency and JFK Library Foundation Launch @JohnFKennedy - Published on 11/20/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018