Weber Shandwick/War Child
Weber Shandwick worked with War Child to publicize its Heroes album raising money for children in poverty.
Why Pro Bono?
War Child is a not-for-profit organization that works with children affected by war in Iraq, Afghanistan, Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda. The charity specifically works with children who have been hit hardest by the joint forces of poverty, conflict and social exclusion. Their groundbreaking work with former child soldiers, street children and children in prison has supported and helped thousands who would otherwise not have been able to re-integrate with their communities, gain access to education or find a means to support themselves.
SLAM, Weber Shandwick's lifestyle boutique, was charged with raising awareness of the organization's recent fundraising efforts. Working with two other PR agencies, SLAM was challenged to raise awareness of War Child's new Heroes album, a fundraising effort for the organization. The idea for the album was to ask major music personalities including Sir Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder and Bob Dylan to nominate a current star to re-create one of their personal favorite songs. SLAM was appointed to make Heroes, the fifth compilation album launched by War Child, the must-have album of the year.
SLAM was also challenged to help leverage other elements of the Heroes campaign, including the launch of Paul Smith's limited edition Gun Flower t-shirts, as well as an exclusive concert with Coldplay and The Killers, all potentially huge fundraisers for the charity.
A solid media relations plan was put into place to generate buzz surrounding War Child, its events and philanthropic messages.
SLAM exceeded War Child's expectations by securing widespread coverage in a variety of prominent national and regional titles, and achieved over 40 media placements with a combined circulation of over 70 million.
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019
- IPG Hosts Ninth Annual Global Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/19/2019
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- 303 MullenLowe Focuses on Mental Health Awareness - Published on 06/18/2019
- New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom - Published on 06/17/2019
- Deutsch and Heinz Create ‘Smear' Campaign - Published on 06/13/2019
- Michael Roth Honored by the AEF - Published on 06/11/2019
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Daren Criss ‘Movie’ for Return of Nacho Fries - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Named to S&P 500 ESG and S&P Global 1200 ESG - Published on 06/10/2019