“Love Your Heart, Do What You Love” With Cheerios
To inspire boomers to become caretakers of their hearts – starting today, and to generate mass awareness for Cheerios’ role in heart health by garnering at least 200 million media impressions and to drive people to Cheerios.com/love.
To bring “Do What You Love" to life, GolinHarris investigated celebrities who embody the message, specifically athletes, musicians, chefs and travel experts. After analyzing e-scores to ensure they resonated with Boomers, GH partnered with Martina McBride and Cal Ripken, Jr., and shaped stories that strongly linked them to heart health.
To keep media interest, GH created a three-phased media strategy focused on a consumer contest, prize activation days and a Boomer trend report. The “Do What You Love Contest,” launched on Cheerios.com/love, called for Boomers to submit a brief essay explaining what they love to do and how they take care of themselves to continue to do it. Prizes included exclusive access to McBride or Ripken where they do what they love – in the studio and on the field.
GH also created a media blitz surrounding the launch of the contest by conducting media days with Ripken and McBride. Media relations continued throughout the four-week call for entries.
GH leveraged winners’ stories and experiences with Ripken and McBride to activate social media networks and conduct national and local media relations.
Just two months after the launch, the campaign garnered more than 130 million impressions with outlets such as Associated Press, “TODAY” (twice), “FOX and Friends,” USAToday.com and FOX Sports Radio. Additionally, two-thirds of the total placements mentioned “Love Your Heart, Do What You Love” and 59 percent of the total placements directed people to Cheerios.com/love.
- ADVANTAGE & HYUNDAI ARE ROLLING AGAIN WITH THE NFL ROOKIES - Published on 04/20/2018
- IPG IT Group Hosts Middle Schoolers for STEM Event - Published on 04/18/2018
- The Martin Agency Marks Equal Pay Day - Published on 04/16/2018
- FCB Inferno Encourages Young People to be #Knifefree - Published on 04/09/2018
- McCann and MGM Resorts Celebrate Universal Love - Published on 04/06/2018
- FutureBrand UXUS and L’Occitane Create Immersive Experience - Published on 04/05/2018
- Quicken Loans - The Translator - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge & Hulu Design the Future of TV - Published on 03/30/2018
- P&G’s SK-II and Huge Redefine Women’s Skincare Products - Published on 03/30/2018
- Huge Helps LG Re-imagine Authenticity for the "Post-Truth" World - Published on 03/30/2018