Mediabrands Promotes STEM-Based Careers to Kids in London
As part of its partnership with OpenCo, IPG Mediabrands UK recently hosted London schoolchildren at its offices to showcase what awaits them in the world of work, while also focusing on how STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) subjects are applied at the world’s most innovative companies. OpenCo, is an innovative conference and media platform and this event was part of OpenCo Junior – a week-long series of events and experiences designed to inspire young people.
OpenCo Junior was created to provide students with the opportunity to experience innovation in its native habitat. At the Mediabrands event, students met with various professionals who spoke about the media business, providing interesting interactive challenges and discussing cool industry events like CES, in an effort to inspire them to consider more science and tech-based subjects. This event was run in collaboration with the UK Government.
Ella Goldner, co-founder of OpenCo London and Strategy Director at UM, said: “We’re delighted to be bringing the OpenCo experience to schoolchildren – our future stars – so that they can learn and take inspiration from some of London’s most exciting businesses and entrepreneurs. We hope our Mediabrands session left the young guests full of ideas around where a career in media could take them.”
We’re delighted to be bringing the OpenCo experience to schoolchildren –we hope they are inspired and full of ideas about where a career in media might take them.
- MullenLowe London Creates Campaign for Winston Fletcher Fiction Prize - Published on 02/14/2019
- The Martin Agency and Oreo Launch New Work with Wiz Khalifa - Published on 02/13/2019
- Deutsch Works with Me Too on New Campaign - Published on 02/08/2019
- McCann Shanghai and Coca-Cola Launch Annual Chinese New Year Campaign - Published on 02/06/2019
- Michael Roth Accepts the BRT Sustainability Challenge - Published on 02/04/2019
- Weber Shandwick and Stella Artois Partner Again with Water.org In Super Bowl Spot - Published on 02/01/2019
- FCB Canada Develops Campaign for PTSD Sufferers - Published on 01/31/2019
- MullenLowe London Brings Attention to Child Sexual Abuse - Published on 01/17/2019
- Helping Disappointed U.S. Soccer Fans Find a New Fandom - Published on 01/14/2019
- Hitting a Homer with Mall Ball - Published on 01/14/2019