Mediabrands Promotes STEM-Based Careers to Kids in London
As part of its partnership with OpenCo, IPG Mediabrands UK recently hosted London schoolchildren at its offices to showcase what awaits them in the world of work, while also focusing on how STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) subjects are applied at the world’s most innovative companies. OpenCo, is an innovative conference and media platform and this event was part of OpenCo Junior – a week-long series of events and experiences designed to inspire young people.
OpenCo Junior was created to provide students with the opportunity to experience innovation in its native habitat. At the Mediabrands event, students met with various professionals who spoke about the media business, providing interesting interactive challenges and discussing cool industry events like CES, in an effort to inspire them to consider more science and tech-based subjects. This event was run in collaboration with the UK Government.
Ella Goldner, co-founder of OpenCo London and Strategy Director at UM, said: “We’re delighted to be bringing the OpenCo experience to schoolchildren – our future stars – so that they can learn and take inspiration from some of London’s most exciting businesses and entrepreneurs. We hope our Mediabrands session left the young guests full of ideas around where a career in media could take them.”
We’re delighted to be bringing the OpenCo experience to schoolchildren –we hope they are inspired and full of ideas about where a career in media might take them.
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Works with SF SPCA - Published on 12/11/2018
- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion - Published on 12/06/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe Brings Awareness to Child Abuse - Published on 11/29/2018
- IPG Brings Clean Water to Ethiopia - Published on 11/27/2018
- The Martin Agency and JFK Library Foundation Launch @JohnFKennedy - Published on 11/20/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018