Diversity and Inclusion In Action at IPG
Throughout the year, IPG hosts workshops and networking events that help foster diversity and inclusion in our workplace. Here's a wrap up of some of our recent programs.
Closing the STEM Gender Gap
The New York chapter of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network (WLN) hosted “Closing the STEM Gender Gap,”an event focused on the rise in the STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) side of the advertising industry. A panel featuring female executives from IPG, Ansible, BPN, FCB, Goli ICC Lowe, IPG Mediabrands, Magna Global and R/GA discussed their intersection with STEM-based careers within the industry and the need to re-define the way we think of women and STEM in our workplaces.
4 Generations in the Workplace: Managing Generational Issues
MERGE hosted this program that examined the importance of understanding generational issues that exist in the workplace – especially as we work to promote mentoring and sponsorship at our company. The US population is working longer and living longer, so that for the first time in American history, we have four generations working side by side. This program focused on the four generational cohorts, how they interact, developing competencies for bridging the cultural divide and techniques to leverage team members’ diverse experiences, talents and strengths
Black Music Month—Brands and Music: Evolution of Influence
In celebration of Black Music Month the Black Employee Network hosted an evening based on the union of brands and music entitled “Brands and Music: Evolution of Influence.” This event explored how musicaffects brands. Following a pair of case studies on Beats by Dre and REVOLT.TV with Sean Combs and a panel featuring executives from R/GA, HUGE, Momentum, and Mediabrands, Pioneer Awards were presented to Roy Eaton and Debbie McDuffie.
IPGLBT Out and Proud
In honor of Pride Month, the IPGLBT hosted a lunch and learn event, “Understanding Health Through a Rainbow Colored Lens” with the Gay Men’s Health Crisis (GMHC) and FCB. Attended by individuals from throughout our agency community as well as corporate, the event focused on healthcare concerns in the GLBT community and featured speakers from AFG&, FCB, FCB Health, and the GMHC.
- Mastercard Brings People Together in The “Listening Room” - Published on 02/22/2018
- 303 MullenLowe Creates #TheShowerSong - Published on 02/21/2018
- FCB Canada and Air Canada Show Support for Inclusion and the Olympics - Published on 02/15/2018
- ReviveHealth Focuses on Everyday Champions - Published on 02/09/2018
- MullenLowe and Gordon’s Gin Change the Face of Train Delays - Published on 02/08/2018
- R/GA Joins the Fight Against Malaria - Published on 02/08/2018
- FCB New Zealand Creatively Discourages Excessive Drinking - Published on 02/07/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Heart Research - Published on 02/07/2018
- Mullen Lintas Celebrates Modern Indian Women in Nykaa Campaign - Published on 02/05/2018
- FCB Ulka and Horlicks Ease Exam Stress for Students - Published on 02/05/2018