Diversity and Inclusion In Action at IPG
Throughout the year, IPG hosts workshops and networking events that help foster diversity and inclusion in our workplace. Here's a wrap up of some of our recent programs.
Closing the STEM Gender Gap
The New York chapter of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network (WLN) hosted “Closing the STEM Gender Gap,”an event focused on the rise in the STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) side of the advertising industry. A panel featuring female executives from IPG, Ansible, BPN, FCB, Goli ICC Lowe, IPG Mediabrands, Magna Global and R/GA discussed their intersection with STEM-based careers within the industry and the need to re-define the way we think of women and STEM in our workplaces.
4 Generations in the Workplace: Managing Generational Issues
MERGE hosted this program that examined the importance of understanding generational issues that exist in the workplace – especially as we work to promote mentoring and sponsorship at our company. The US population is working longer and living longer, so that for the first time in American history, we have four generations working side by side. This program focused on the four generational cohorts, how they interact, developing competencies for bridging the cultural divide and techniques to leverage team members’ diverse experiences, talents and strengths
Black Music Month—Brands and Music: Evolution of Influence
In celebration of Black Music Month the Black Employee Network hosted an evening based on the union of brands and music entitled “Brands and Music: Evolution of Influence.” This event explored how musicaffects brands. Following a pair of case studies on Beats by Dre and REVOLT.TV with Sean Combs and a panel featuring executives from R/GA, HUGE, Momentum, and Mediabrands, Pioneer Awards were presented to Roy Eaton and Debbie McDuffie.
IPGLBT Out and Proud
In honor of Pride Month, the IPGLBT hosted a lunch and learn event, “Understanding Health Through a Rainbow Colored Lens” with the Gay Men’s Health Crisis (GMHC) and FCB. Attended by individuals from throughout our agency community as well as corporate, the event focused on healthcare concerns in the GLBT community and featured speakers from AFG&, FCB, FCB Health, and the GMHC.
- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion - Published on 12/06/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe Brings Awareness to Child Abuse - Published on 11/29/2018
- IPG Brings Clean Water to Ethiopia - Published on 11/27/2018
- The Martin Agency and JFK Library Foundation Launch @JohnFKennedy - Published on 11/20/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018
- Hill Holliday Works with Kay Jewelers to Immortalize Love - Published on 11/09/2018
- FCB West and Levi’s: ‘Use Your Vote” - Published on 11/08/2018