Deutsch NY and the Ad Council Create New Campaign Around Heart Disease in Women
The new PSA campaign includes radio, print, outdoor and online. It depicts a strong, resolute woman breaking barriers through different decades and demonstrates that women can do anything men can – including dying from heart disease and stroke. Audiences are directed to GoRedForWomen.org where they can sign up to be members, learn about heart disease, their risk for developing it and find tools for living healthier, longer lives. An estimated 43 million women in the U.S. are affected by heart disease and stroke, resulting in over 400,000 deaths each year, according to the American Heart Association.
Knowing the risk factors and taking simple steps like not smoking, getting regular physical activity, eating a heart-healthy diet and monitoring blood pressure, women can decrease their chances of heart disease.
“Heart disease and stroke claim the life of nearly one woman in the United States every minute,” said Lisa Sherman, President and CEO of the Ad Council. “But many women continue to believe the disease is one that just targets men or the elderly, so they’re not taking action to reduce their risk. Together with our longstanding partner, the American Heart Association, we know that this new campaign will have a life-saving impact.”
“We are excited to partner with the Ad Council and the American Heart Association on this program—it is a real wake up call to women that heart disease is not just a man’s disease and can be prevented,"ʺ said Val DiFebo, CEO, Deutsch NY. “We hope the work will motivate women to take action, and to help change the current stats on this silent killer. We know with the right resources, we can make a profound impact."
- Lisa Murray Appointed National Chair of IPG’s Women’s Leadership Network - Published on 12/12/2018
- IPG Mediabrands Works with SF SPCA - Published on 12/11/2018
- IPG to Host National Day of Understanding Focused on Issues of Race, Ethnicity and Inclusion - Published on 12/06/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe Brings Awareness to Child Abuse - Published on 11/29/2018
- IPG Brings Clean Water to Ethiopia - Published on 11/27/2018
- The Martin Agency and JFK Library Foundation Launch @JohnFKennedy - Published on 11/20/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Thank Veterans for Their Service - Published on 11/15/2018
- R/GA Releases New Short Film for Love Has No Labels - Published on 11/14/2018
- IPG Leaders Participate in 3 % Conference - Published on 11/13/2018
- MullenLowe Open and Etihad Airways Create ‘Travel for Good’ Ramadan campaign - Published on 11/12/2018