Deutsch NY and the Ad Council Create New Campaign Around Heart Disease in Women
The new PSA campaign includes radio, print, outdoor and online. It depicts a strong, resolute woman breaking barriers through different decades and demonstrates that women can do anything men can – including dying from heart disease and stroke. Audiences are directed to GoRedForWomen.org where they can sign up to be members, learn about heart disease, their risk for developing it and find tools for living healthier, longer lives. An estimated 43 million women in the U.S. are affected by heart disease and stroke, resulting in over 400,000 deaths each year, according to the American Heart Association.
Knowing the risk factors and taking simple steps like not smoking, getting regular physical activity, eating a heart-healthy diet and monitoring blood pressure, women can decrease their chances of heart disease.
“Heart disease and stroke claim the life of nearly one woman in the United States every minute,” said Lisa Sherman, President and CEO of the Ad Council. “But many women continue to believe the disease is one that just targets men or the elderly, so they’re not taking action to reduce their risk. Together with our longstanding partner, the American Heart Association, we know that this new campaign will have a life-saving impact.”
“We are excited to partner with the Ad Council and the American Heart Association on this program—it is a real wake up call to women that heart disease is not just a man’s disease and can be prevented,"ʺ said Val DiFebo, CEO, Deutsch NY. “We hope the work will motivate women to take action, and to help change the current stats on this silent killer. We know with the right resources, we can make a profound impact."
- IPG CISO Team Holds Workshop on Cyber Security for Year Up Students - Published on 06/24/2019
- FCB and GE Give Dads More Time to Hover - Published on 06/24/2019
- IPG Hosts Ninth Annual Global Breakfast at Cannes Festival of Creativity - Published on 06/19/2019
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- 303 MullenLowe Focuses on Mental Health Awareness - Published on 06/18/2019
- New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom - Published on 06/17/2019
- Deutsch and Heinz Create ‘Smear' Campaign - Published on 06/13/2019
- Michael Roth Honored by the AEF - Published on 06/11/2019
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Daren Criss ‘Movie’ for Return of Nacho Fries - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Named to S&P 500 ESG and S&P Global 1200 ESG - Published on 06/10/2019