Deutsch NY and the Ad Council Create New Campaign Around Heart Disease in Women
The new PSA campaign includes radio, print, outdoor and online. It depicts a strong, resolute woman breaking barriers through different decades and demonstrates that women can do anything men can – including dying from heart disease and stroke. Audiences are directed to GoRedForWomen.org where they can sign up to be members, learn about heart disease, their risk for developing it and find tools for living healthier, longer lives. An estimated 43 million women in the U.S. are affected by heart disease and stroke, resulting in over 400,000 deaths each year, according to the American Heart Association.
Knowing the risk factors and taking simple steps like not smoking, getting regular physical activity, eating a heart-healthy diet and monitoring blood pressure, women can decrease their chances of heart disease.
“Heart disease and stroke claim the life of nearly one woman in the United States every minute,” said Lisa Sherman, President and CEO of the Ad Council. “But many women continue to believe the disease is one that just targets men or the elderly, so they’re not taking action to reduce their risk. Together with our longstanding partner, the American Heart Association, we know that this new campaign will have a life-saving impact.”
“We are excited to partner with the Ad Council and the American Heart Association on this program—it is a real wake up call to women that heart disease is not just a man’s disease and can be prevented,"ʺ said Val DiFebo, CEO, Deutsch NY. “We hope the work will motivate women to take action, and to help change the current stats on this silent killer. We know with the right resources, we can make a profound impact."
- McCann Raises Awareness for Organ Donation - Published on 04/18/2019
- #ThisIsParenthood - Published on 04/16/2019
- The Brookly Brothers and Íslenska Launch Buddy Hotline - Published on 04/10/2019
- The Martin Agency and GEICO Use ‘Smartdogs’ For Safer Driving - Published on 04/09/2019
- McCann Germany and L’Oréal Paris Launch Female Empowerment Campaign - Published on 04/09/2019
- Stickyeyes and Hertz Work to Inspire Audiences - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann, L’Oreal Paris and British Vogue Smash Preconceptions About Aging with ‘The Non-Issue’ - Published on 04/05/2019
- FCB New York Marks Smokey Bear’s 75th Anniversary with New Campaign - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann Health and Shatterproof Are Rewriting the Narrative Around Addiction - Published on 04/04/2019
- Stickyeyes and LG Create Digital Awareness Campaigns to Promote Activision Titles - Published on 04/04/2019