IPG Agencies “Move Warmth For Better” With Western Union
FCB Mayo worked with Western Union to develop a program to showcase Western Union’s services in a unique way, while helping improve lives in the process. Rather than transferring money, this initiative used a “goodwill transfer” that allowed for the sharing of knowledge between two distant communities. “Moving Warmth For Better” brought together the residents of Lampa, Peru, and Waskaganish, Canada. Despite the great distance between these two communities, they share a common problem — living in extremely cold temperatures.
“Moving Warmth for Better” connected the residents of Lampa, Peru, and Waskaganish, Canada, to share knowledge about home insulation and nutrient-rich foods available in cold climates. Two Waskaganish residents (Virginia Wabano, the president of the Cree Women of Eeyou Istchee Association, and Lillian Trapper, an animal hide specialist) traveled to Peru to meet with the Quechua community in Lampa. These two women showed residents how to use animal hides to protect their homes from the cold during the winter, and in return, the residents of Lampa shared quinoa, a nutrient-rich food well suited for Waskaganish’s cold climate and remote location.
MediaConnection, the Peru office of BPN, is working to generate buzz around "Moving Warmth for Better." The agency helped place a national story on "Dia D," one of the most influential news programs in Peru. The crew from "Dia D" traveled with representatives of the Wasakaganish community to Lampa and filmed the meeting between the Peruvians and Canadians.
Western Union describes the program as “one of our most valuable transfers: an exchange of knowledge between two cultures that, unknown to them, was needed to solve their problems.” The process was captured on video for an online spot. “Moving Warmth for Better” is the beginning of a larger campaign for Western Union, which promises to “carry out exchanges between different cities throughout the world, for the sole purpose of attaining the common good.”
- IPG Offices Mark Pride Month - Published on 06/18/2019
- 303 MullenLowe Focuses on Mental Health Awareness - Published on 06/18/2019
- New Program Promotes Gender Equality at Acxiom - Published on 06/17/2019
- Deutsch and Heinz Create ‘Smear' Campaign - Published on 06/13/2019
- Michael Roth Honored by the AEF - Published on 06/11/2019
- Deutsch and Taco Bell Launch Daren Criss ‘Movie’ for Return of Nacho Fries - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Named to S&P 500 ESG and S&P Global 1200 ESG - Published on 06/10/2019
- IPG Employees Discuss Pride and Mark Stonewall 50th - Published on 06/07/2019
- Cadreon Hosts Mental Health & Wellness Event - Published on 05/23/2019
- R/GA Buenos Aires and Nike Argentina Inspire New Generation of Athletes - Published on 05/22/2019