The Martin Agency and Benjamin Moore Paint the Town Green
Fenway Park’s “Green Monster” is arguably the most famous wall in all of sports. Originally built in 1912, the “Green Monster” initially served to keep out spectators who did not pay for admission. Now, the famed wall contains a manual scoreboard and has become synonymous with Fenway Park. For many years, Benjamin Moore has re-painted the wall green every year but with little fanfare. Until this year when The Martin Agency came up with an idea – take the same paint used every year on the Monster and put that paint in a can. Let fans access this legendary color -- and give back to the local community while doing so.
The Martin Agency worked with Benjamin Moore to create the Fenway Collection — a limited-edition line of paint including Boston Red, Boston Blue, Foul Pole Yellow, Baseline White and, of course, Green Monster. The Agency even designed the labels.
The paint collection was introduced with a: 30 TV commercial to inspire Red Sox fans to take the Monster Everywhere. The agency partnered with local Little Leagues and donated portions of every can sold to renovate ball fields, and even created a long-form video to document the story of surprising a local Little League with a renovated park. The Martin Agency also created a site, www.monstereverywhere.com, where fans could go buy the paint, watch documentaries of local fans displaying their passion for the Monster, and post photos of their own.
So what started as a simple sponsorship signage request became not only a full-blown campaign, but also a new product line for Benjamin Moore, a terrific campaign, and a windfall for local little leagues.
- DeVries and Zippo Launch Campaign to Combat Wildfire - Published on 08/09/2019
- FITZCO Partners with French’s and Coolhaus on Mustard Ice Cream for National Mustard Day - Published on 08/07/2019
- The Martin Agency Receives Inclusion Award for Outstanding Business Results - Published on 08/06/2019
- Golin’s ‘Have Her Back’ Receives Inclusive Talent Initiatives Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- FCB Health’s Sabrina Prince Recognized with Inclusive Leadership Award - Published on 08/06/2019
- Jack Morton Worldwide Recognized at Inclusion Awards for Community Impact - Published on 08/02/2019
- MRM//McCANN Recognized with Agency Inclusion Vanguard Award - Published on 08/02/2019
- McCann’s ‘Reindeer Games’ Recognized With Two Honors at the 2019 IPG Inclusion Awards - Published on 08/02/2019
- Golin’s Amaya Adams Recognized as Inclusion Ally of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019
- FCB New Zealand Recognized for Inclusion Campaign of the Year - Published on 08/01/2019