The Martin Agency and Benjamin Moore Paint the Town Green
Fenway Park’s “Green Monster” is arguably the most famous wall in all of sports. Originally built in 1912, the “Green Monster” initially served to keep out spectators who did not pay for admission. Now, the famed wall contains a manual scoreboard and has become synonymous with Fenway Park. For many years, Benjamin Moore has re-painted the wall green every year but with little fanfare. Until this year when The Martin Agency came up with an idea – take the same paint used every year on the Monster and put that paint in a can. Let fans access this legendary color -- and give back to the local community while doing so.
The Martin Agency worked with Benjamin Moore to create the Fenway Collection — a limited-edition line of paint including Boston Red, Boston Blue, Foul Pole Yellow, Baseline White and, of course, Green Monster. The Agency even designed the labels.
The paint collection was introduced with a: 30 TV commercial to inspire Red Sox fans to take the Monster Everywhere. The agency partnered with local Little Leagues and donated portions of every can sold to renovate ball fields, and even created a long-form video to document the story of surprising a local Little League with a renovated park. The Martin Agency also created a site, www.monstereverywhere.com, where fans could go buy the paint, watch documentaries of local fans displaying their passion for the Monster, and post photos of their own.
So what started as a simple sponsorship signage request became not only a full-blown campaign, but also a new product line for Benjamin Moore, a terrific campaign, and a windfall for local little leagues.
- Hill Holliday and Planet Fitness Launch New Work - Published on 07/16/2018
- LOLA MullenLowe and Burger King – ‘Come as a Clown, Eat Like a King’ - Published on 07/13/2018
- FCB Lisbon Partners with Paralympic Committee - Published on 07/10/2018
- EP+Co Celebrates Pride Month - Published on 07/09/2018
- 215 McCann and Minecraft Enlist Gamers to Save Coral Reefs - Published on 07/03/2018
- The Brooklyn Brothers Launches Isey Skyr in Russia - Published on 06/28/2018
- MRM//McCann and Creative Spirit: Nurturing Talent Together - Published on 06/28/2018
- IPG and charity: water Project Update - Published on 06/28/2018
- Shay Fu Named to Outstanding 50 Asian Americans in Business - Published on 06/28/2018
- Interpublic’s Black Employee Network Hosts Program for Black Music Month - Published on 06/27/2018