The Martin Agency and Benjamin Moore Paint the Town Green
Fenway Park’s “Green Monster” is arguably the most famous wall in all of sports. Originally built in 1912, the “Green Monster” initially served to keep out spectators who did not pay for admission. Now, the famed wall contains a manual scoreboard and has become synonymous with Fenway Park. For many years, Benjamin Moore has re-painted the wall green every year but with little fanfare. Until this year when The Martin Agency came up with an idea – take the same paint used every year on the Monster and put that paint in a can. Let fans access this legendary color -- and give back to the local community while doing so.
The Martin Agency worked with Benjamin Moore to create the Fenway Collection — a limited-edition line of paint including Boston Red, Boston Blue, Foul Pole Yellow, Baseline White and, of course, Green Monster. The Agency even designed the labels.
The paint collection was introduced with a: 30 TV commercial to inspire Red Sox fans to take the Monster Everywhere. The agency partnered with local Little Leagues and donated portions of every can sold to renovate ball fields, and even created a long-form video to document the story of surprising a local Little League with a renovated park. The Martin Agency also created a site, www.monstereverywhere.com, where fans could go buy the paint, watch documentaries of local fans displaying their passion for the Monster, and post photos of their own.
So what started as a simple sponsorship signage request became not only a full-blown campaign, but also a new product line for Benjamin Moore, a terrific campaign, and a windfall for local little leagues.
- ReviveHealth Focuses on Everyday Champions - Published on 02/09/2018
- MullenLowe and Gordon’s Gin Change the Face of Train Delays - Published on 02/08/2018
- R/GA Joins the Fight Against Malaria - Published on 02/08/2018
- FCB New Zealand Creatively Discourages Excessive Drinking - Published on 02/07/2018
- MullenLowe London Celebrates Heart Research - Published on 02/07/2018
- Mullen Lintas Celebrates Modern Indian Women in Nykaa Campaign - Published on 02/05/2018
- FCB Ulka and Horlicks Ease Exam Stress for Students - Published on 02/05/2018
- Burger King Brand Invites An Army Of Clowns To Celebrate Halloween - Published on 02/05/2018
- Lowe Lintas and Unilever Partner on Sanitation-Focused Work - Published on 01/31/2018
- The Martin Agency and Land O’Lakes Create Custom Crafted Set in New Work - Published on 01/29/2018