The Martin Agency and Benjamin Moore Paint the Town Green
Fenway Park’s “Green Monster” is arguably the most famous wall in all of sports. Originally built in 1912, the “Green Monster” initially served to keep out spectators who did not pay for admission. Now, the famed wall contains a manual scoreboard and has become synonymous with Fenway Park. For many years, Benjamin Moore has re-painted the wall green every year but with little fanfare. Until this year when The Martin Agency came up with an idea – take the same paint used every year on the Monster and put that paint in a can. Let fans access this legendary color -- and give back to the local community while doing so.
The Martin Agency worked with Benjamin Moore to create the Fenway Collection — a limited-edition line of paint including Boston Red, Boston Blue, Foul Pole Yellow, Baseline White and, of course, Green Monster. The Agency even designed the labels.
The paint collection was introduced with a: 30 TV commercial to inspire Red Sox fans to take the Monster Everywhere. The agency partnered with local Little Leagues and donated portions of every can sold to renovate ball fields, and even created a long-form video to document the story of surprising a local Little League with a renovated park. The Martin Agency also created a site, www.monstereverywhere.com, where fans could go buy the paint, watch documentaries of local fans displaying their passion for the Monster, and post photos of their own.
So what started as a simple sponsorship signage request became not only a full-blown campaign, but also a new product line for Benjamin Moore, a terrific campaign, and a windfall for local little leagues.
- #ThisIsParenthood - Published on 04/16/2019
- The Brookly Brothers and Íslenska Launch Buddy Hotline - Published on 04/10/2019
- The Martin Agency and GEICO Use ‘Smartdogs’ For Safer Driving - Published on 04/09/2019
- McCann Germany and L’Oréal Paris Launch Female Empowerment Campaign - Published on 04/09/2019
- Stickyeyes and Hertz Work to Inspire Audiences - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann, L’Oreal Paris and British Vogue Smash Preconceptions About Aging with ‘The Non-Issue’ - Published on 04/05/2019
- FCB New York Marks Smokey Bear’s 75th Anniversary with New Campaign - Published on 04/05/2019
- McCann Health and Shatterproof Are Rewriting the Narrative Around Addiction - Published on 04/04/2019
- Stickyeyes and LG Create Digital Awareness Campaigns to Promote Activision Titles - Published on 04/04/2019
- Stickyeyes and Solopress Recover Search Visibility With Record-Breaking Growth - Published on 04/04/2019